Mumbai OOH players free to take down COVID-19 ads: Bombay HC
The High Court has also said it will need time till next week to decide on the matter of compensation
The Bombay High Court on Tuesday provided a much-needed relief to Mumbai’s Out of Home (OOH) players by allowing them to take down COVID-mandated ads and use the space to meet client requirements instead.
The HC, while hearing an appeal by the OOH owners, said the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) did not want to continue displaying COVID-19 ads and that the players could remove the same.
The COVID ads were put up for three months and no charges were levied for the same as a mark of responsibility towards creating awareness amongst the citizens.
The eight Mumbai OOH Owners who filed the petition in the Bombay HC for waiver of licence fees are — Creation Publicity Pvt. Ltd, Bright Advertising Pvt. Ltd, Orion Advertisers, Anurag Sites, Em Vee Advertising Company, Pingle Outdoor, Yoag Advertisers and Pioneer Publicity Corporation Ltd.
Meanwhile, the court has said it would need time till next week to decide on the matter of compensation since they received the amendment affidavit two days ago. The court will provide some more clarity on the same on Friday, the next hearing day.
Tuesday’s hearing was to take place on June 12 but it was postponed as Judge S J Kathawalla and Judge Surendra P Tavade weren’t able to attend court due to undisclosed personal reasons.
In the last week of May, the Bombay HC issued a stay order instructing BMC not to impose licence fee on hoardings for May in the wake of losses suffered by OOH companies due to the pandemic.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube