IDMA 2020 Jury Meet: Campaigns with technological innovation & great results make the cut
Chaired by Madhusudan Gopalan, MD & CEO of Indian Subcontinent, P&G, the jury shortlisted 170 of the 500 entries received
The jury session for the 11th edition of e4m Indian Digital Marketing Awards (IDMA) took place on Friday on a Zoom meet. This year, 500 entries were received, out of which, the assessment jury shortlisted 170 for the main jury process.
exchange4media had conceptualized the Indian Digital Marketing Awards with the objective to recognise, honour, and encourage the creative work being done in the digital media space. The special focus was on the internet, mobile, gaming, social media, and the blogosphere ecosystem.
The Jury Chair for this IDMA 2020 is Madhusudan Gopalan, MD & CEO, Indian Subcontinent, Procter & Gamble. The grand jury members were Dr. Annurag Batra, Chairman & Editor-In-Chief, BW Business World & exchange4media; Nawal Ahuja, Co-Founder, exchange4media group; Richa Arora, President - Packaged Foods, Tata Consumer Products; Anusha Shetty, Chairman & Group CEO, Grey Group India; Nandini Dias, CEO, Lodestar UM; Aditya Ghosh, Member - Board of Directors, OYO; Alok Jalan, Managing Director, Laqshya Media Group; Alok Ohrie, President and Managing Director, DELL Technologies; Amit Syngle, MD & CEO, Asian Paints; Anant Goenka, Managing Director, CEAT; Kavinder Singh, MD & CEO, Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Ltd; Prakash Mallya, VP & MD – Sales, Marketing and Communications Group, Intel India; Prashant Tripathy, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Max Life Insurance; Raj Nayak, Founder & Managing Director, House of Cheer Networks Private Limited; Rajeev Varman, CEO, Burger King India Private Limited; Sandeep Mahajan, Managing Director, Goodyear India; Ridham Desai, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley; Shivam Puri, CEO, Cipla Health; and Satish Sharma, President (Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) & Wholetime Director, Apollo Tyres.
The judging parameters for the jury process were based on the digital campaign's strategy, creativity, innovation, execution, and the results the campaigns garnered.
The Jury Chair Procter & Gamble’s Gopalan remarked, “I would like to congratulate the winners of IDMA 2020. We had some outstanding entries and nominations this year. What stood out to me was that we have come a long way when it comes to digital marketing. From Digital being an afterthought to digital being an integral part of any marketing and media plan. There is a lot of cases where it is actually digital-first in terms of marketing and media plans. What was also interesting with the nominations this time was not just the use of cutting edge technology but how seamlessly it was integrated into the consumer experience and also linked back to the brand purpose providing solutions to consumers. I’d like to also thank my fellow jury members. We had an amazing jury this year. We had some passionate discussions, great insights as we discussed each of the entries. I think we all benefited from the wisdom of this high power jury. I congratulate the IDMA organizers for once again putting together an amazing set of nominations and I wish you continued success.”
Most of the entries were cutting edge and the campaigns were qualitative in their approach with an innovative quotient. Great creative insights and market results were kept in mind while selecting the finalists.
Those that made the cut for the jury members were digital campaigns that were consumer-friendly and interactive digitally. Those that didn't make the cut were the ones that didn't have much technological innovation in the particular category they applied for.
The final awardees will be unveiled on the day of the virtual Awards Ceremony on August 28, 2020.
The categories for the IDMA Awards 2020 are:
- Best Banners -Single/ Campaign, Rich Media with or without video
- Best Benchmark Content / Branded Content
- Best Website/ Microsite
- Best Use of Web Based Games
- Best Campaign- Online Advertising and Digital Direct Response
MOBILE and TABLETS
- Best Use of WAP /Html/ other sites for Mobiles and Best App Developed- Products / Services / Corporate / Social/ Films / TV Shows / Entertainment/ Lifestyle / Gaming etc.
- Best Innovation in Mobile Marketing
- Best Campaign- Use of Mobile and Mobile Monetization
- Best Use of Social Networks/ Social Media
- Community Engagement / Community Building and Most Effective Social Listening
- Leveraging Social Media to boost brand ROI and engagement
SEARCH and PPC CAMPAIGNS
BEST SEO FOR WEBSITE/UNIVERSAL SEARCH RANKING AND SEM STRATEGY
- Best Integrated Media Campaign - Product/ Services
- Best Integrated Media Campaign - Corporate.
- Best Integrated Media Campaign - Social Cause
- Best Integrated Media Campaign - Films/ TV Shows / News Shows / Events
- Most Effective Use of Digital Analytics
- Best Media Campaign – Gender Parity
- Campaign with the Best ROI
- Best Digital Innovation
- Most Effective Use of AI, data analytics, machine learning for a Campaign and Business Optimisation
- Best use of AR or VR
- Best Use of Experiential Tech for Digital & Physical Experiences
- Breakthrough Technology as Part of a Campaign
- Location-based or Proximity Marketing Campaign of the Year
IDMA Person of the Year
HALL OF FAME AWARDS
- Best Digital and Social Media Advertiser and Best Advertiser on Mobile
- Best Digital, Social Media and Mobile Media Agency of the Year
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube