GroupM's Motion Content Group awards Best Short Films & Web Series
Motion Content Group and Film Critics Guild, in collaboration with Vistas Media Capital, recognised talent in storytelling through the Critic's Choice Shorts and Series Awards (CCSSA)
Motion Content Group, the global content investment and rights management company of GroupM and Film Critics Guild, in collaboration with Vistas Media Capital, initiated the second edition of the Critic's Choice Shorts and Series Awards (CCSSA). The awards are aimed at recognising talent across various genres in terms of short films and web-series.
CCSSA honoured 19 winners from 92 nominees in 7 Short Film and 12 Series categories.
On the CCSSA initiative, Prasanth Kumar, CEO, GroupM South Asia, said, "In 2019, over 300 million people in India have watched digital content. At GroupM, we have always collaborated to bring alive stories across genres of various brands. Through CCSSA we have recognised the best talent in storytelling across short films and web-series. It is an important contribution to celebrate storytelling through these awards."
While CVL Srinivas, Country Manager, WPP India, said, "The fact that it is a critic's choice award makes it very credible. Motion Content Group has been leading the space of trying to unearth the talent in the content space and ensure they get a platform to do well. We are very excited to be a part of this initiative."
Speaking about the idea and partnerships, Ashwin Padmanabhan, Head Trading and Partnerships, Motion Content Group, said, "We are a worldwide company and we work with different platforms across the globe like Netflix, Amazon and the BBC. In India, we are just two years old and we have started with some of our own IPs. From our first investment in a chat show to now, when I look back in these two years, we have grown to almost 20 shows across television and OTT platforms. It has been a good scale of growth for us as we have strategic partnerships with Viacom, Sony, Sun Network and many more. We have been able to bring in and bridge the gap between content creators and platforms and give them a solution for creative ideas as well as a medium to monetise it. It is an end to end solution that Motion Content Group provides. It gives us the opportunity to get good creators on platforms and help them create better content."
List of Winners and Categories:
- Best Film (Fiction) - Siblings
- Best Director (Fiction) - Siblings - Sheetal Menon
- Best Actor - Rogan Josh - Naseeruddin Shah
- Best Actress - Siblings - Shivani Tanksale
- Best Writing (Drama) - Siblings - Sheetal, Bejoy Nambiar, Arpita Chatterjee
- Best Editing - Suno - Rachit Mehta
- Best Cinematography - The East Wind - Ayan Saxena
- Best Series (Drama) - The Family Man
- Best Actor (Drama) - The Family Man - Manoj Bajpayee
- Best Actress (Drama) - Delhi Crime - Shefali Shah
- Best Writing (Drama) - Delhi Crime - Richie Mehta
- Best Series (Comedy/Romance) - Little Things S02
- Best Actor (Comedy/Romance) - Little Things S02 - Dhruv Sehgal, Broken
- But Beautiful - Vikrant Massey
- Best Actress (Comedy/Romance) - Little Things S02 - Mithila Palkar
- Best Writing (Comedy/Romance) - Little Things S02 - Dhruv Sehgal
- Best Series (Unscripted) - This is My Hood
- Best Cinematography - Sacred Games S02 - Swapnil S Sonawane, Sylvester Fonseca
- Best Music - Made in Heaven - Gaurav Raina
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube