Celebrity-endorsed ads spiked 63% in June’20 versus April’20: TAM AdEx report

As per the report, Virat Kohli topped the list of most visible celebrity on TV with an average visibility of 10 hours per day across all channels, followed by Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor

e4m by exchange4media Staff
Published: Jul 16, 2020 8:51 AM  | 2 min read

Celebrity-led advertising is an important part of the marketing strategy of brands. It is believed that brand ambassadors have a higher degree of consumer engagement which helps the brand to connect with its consumers well. And it seems in the time of COVID, brands have used this strategy very well, using celebrities’ names to spread awareness to market their products.
As per the TAM AdEx advertising report part four, there is a 63% rise in advertising volumes of celebrity endorsed ads in June ’20 as compared to April ’20. While the month of May saw a mere 3% increase in the volume, June saw 58.25% increase as compared to May and 63%increase as compared to April.

The report also states that during April-June ’20, celebrity endorsed ads had 21% share of ad volumes on television and the rest 79% was non-celebrity ads’ share. Out of these, 79% ads were endorsed by film celebrities, 15% were endorsed by sports persons and rest 7% is divided between TV actors and actresses. Among all professions, film actress leads in endorsing brands with 43% share of ad volumes and film actors commands 36% share.

With an average visibility of 10 hrs per day across all channels, Virat Kohli topped the list of most visible celebrities on TV followed by Akshay Kumar with an average of 9 hours/day. Kareen Kapoor Khan becomes the third most visible celebrity with an average of 8 hours per day. Other celebrities that made to top ten list were Kiara Advani, MS Dhoni, Anil Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan.

As per the report, during April-June’20, Personal Care/Personal Hygiene sector topped with 23% share in terms of ads endorsed by celebrities followed by F&B sector with 21% share and services with 10%. Also, celebrity endorsement was highest for category ‘Toilet Soaps’ with 12% share of ad volumes followed by Milk Beverages with 5% share and Toilet/ Floor Cleaner with 4%.

Interestingly, seeven out of the top 10 categories belong to the FMCG sector and rest three were from the e-com sector.

Read more news about (ad news, latest advertising news India, internet advertising, ad agencies updates, media advertising India)

For more updates, be socially connected with us on
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube