Sun Direct adds 2 million subscribers in first 10 months of FY19: Reports

During the 10 months, the DTH operator’s activation income saw a growth of 5 per cent, while the subscription income registered 19 per cent growth

SunDirect

Direct to home (DTH) operator Sun Direct roped in 2 million gross subscribers during the first 10 months of the financial year 2018-19, according to media reports.

The reports mention that during the 10 months of FY19, the DTH operator’s activation income saw a growth of 5 per cent, while the subscription income registered 19 per cent growth.

Further, the DTH operator’s net profit for nine months of FY19 has reportedly fallen to Rs 5.92 crore compared to Rs 45.27 crore in FY18. Increased subscriber acquisition cost and other costs have been cited by reports as the reason for fall in the net profit.

The total income of Sun Direct grew by about 13% year-on-year, from Rs. 1,215 crore in FY17 to Rs. 1,372 crore in FY18. The growth was mainly because of the growth in activation income.

Sun Direct is promoted by Kalanithi Maran and his wife Kaveri Kalanithi, who hold 80% stake. The remaining 20% stake is held by South Asia Entertainment Holding Ltd (SAEHL).

For more updates, subscribe to exchange4media's WhatsApp Channel- https://bit.ly/2QUdLCK

Stay updated with the latest news in the Marketing & Advertising sector with our daily newsletter

By clicking Sign Up, I agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Advertisment

Advertisment

Advertisment