YouTube 2018: Hyundai’s ‘Celebrating 20 years of brilliant moments’ most watched ad
According to YouTube, India has “truly became a ‘video-first’ country” with the platform reaching over 245 million monthly active users
Published - 07-December-2018
Wrapping up the year 2018, YouTube on Thursday released its annual ads leaderboard for India. The YouTube Ads Leaderboard captures ads that receive the maximum views, shares, and love from audiences across India.
This year, India truly became a ‘video-first’ country with YouTube reaching over 245 million monthly active users, the company said in a statement. Brands capitalised on YouTube’s popularity by creating engaging ads that people truly loved. Cumulatively, the following 10 ads have clocked an incredible 18 million hours of watch time, 88 per cent of which came from mobile devices.
Building on the trend of emotional storytelling, the top two ads are themed on bonds between family and friends. Topping the charts this year is Hyundai’s 20 years of Brilliant Moments ad, focusing on family bonds and moments that are treasured for a lifetime; followed by Samsung’s #voiceforever campaign themed on their first personalized AI voice assistant can help Motor Neuron Disease patients. Together, these ads have clocked 423 million views.
Here’s the list of most watched ads on YouTube this year:
1. Hyundai: Celebrating 20 Years of Brilliant Moments
2. Samsung India: Samsung Bixby Voice Assistant-MND mother helps daughter with #VoiceForever
3. Indiabulls Dhani: Get Phone se loan in 3 simple steps directly in your bank account
4. Honda 2 Wheelers India: Honda New Corporate TVC
5. Garnier India: Makeup off in 1 swipe with Garnier Micellar Water
6. Tata Motors: Reach For A Dream; #ChaseTheSupermoon
7. Kwality Wall's: New Kwality Wall’s Family Packs
8. Apple India: #8 iPhone — Unlock — Apple
9. Uber India: #MoveForward with Uber - Badhte Chalein Feat. Virat Kohli
10. OPPO India: OPPO F7 - Real Support Makes Real Hero
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube