Women getting increasingly addicted to shopping online: eBay Census
eBay on September 28, 2011 unveiled the fourth edition of its annual Census Guide, which documents the key trends in online buying, importing, selling and exporting across Indians in the top 20 eCommerce hubs, 28 states and seven Union Territories.
Published - Sep 29, 2011 8:20 AM Updated: Sep 29, 2011 8:20 AM
eBay on September 28, 2011 unveiled the fourth edition of its annual Census Guide, which documents the key trends in online buying, importing, selling and exporting across Indians in the top 20 eCommerce hubs, 28 states and seven Union Territories. The eBay Census Guide also reveals export trends to 189 countries as well as import trends from 120 countries.
As per the Guide, women shoppers in India are increasingly getting addicted to shopping online, buying cosmetics, jewellery, watches, fashion and fitness equipments online.
Releasing the survey, Muralikrishnan B, Country Manager, eBay India, noted that as per the census, top five eCommerce hubs in India were Delhi, closely followed by Mumbai, Bangalore, Jaipur and Chennai.
The other trends revealed by the survey are:
• India had over 3,311 eCommerce hubs from all 28 states and seven Union Territories. The top five states with the most transactions were Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
• Over 1,267 rural hubs are transacting online with 1 out of every 10 purchased from rural India as well as 1 out of every 20 sales from rural India.
• Metro contributes 51 per cent of all eCommerce transactions while Tier II and III cities contribute about 40 per cent of transactions and rural India contributing to 9 per cent of transactions.
• eBay Census Top 5 Brand ranking revealed Sony as the largest brand on eBay followed by Nokia, Samsung, Apple, and Reebok.
• Gadgets continue to be the most choice and contribute to 50 per cent of all purchases.
• Indian entrepreneurs export a variety of products to millions of eBayers in 189 countries around the globe. The top 5 countries Indians export to are: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Germany.
Habits of Delhites:
• Technology products had the highest domestic transactions (51 per cent) while Lifestyle products were the most popular Imports (61 per cent).
• Delhi’s studs flaunt their hot bod, buying the most body art in India.
• Delhi parents bought the most kid’s footwear in the country.
• Delhi imported the most candles in India.
• Delhi imported the most sunglasses to beat the heat
More India facts are also available on www.eBay.in/census.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube