Shooting at YouTube HQ: three wounded, female suspect dead
The shooter has been identified as 39-year-old Nasim Aghdam, believed to be a disgruntled user who accused YouTube of "discriminating and filtering her content"
Three people were injured during a shooting at the YouTube Headquarters, in San Bruno, California, on Tuesday afternoon.
Media reports stated that the female suspect has died from what appear to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds. The suspect has been identified as 39-year-old Nasim Aghdam, believed to be a disgruntled user who accused YouTube of "discriminating and filtering her content". She also posted videos early last year protesting about YouTube censoring her content by imposing an age restriction.
The San Bruno Police Department Chief, Ed Barberini confirmed at a news conference on Tuesday afternoon that three victims have been taken to the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, where the condition of one victim was said to be critical.
According to reports many of the employees said they initially thought the incident was a routine fire drill, however some of them started to panic and ran when they heard that there was a shooter in the building, others were barricaded inside as the unfortunate incident unfolded.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, which owns YouTube, said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon that Google was doing “everything we can to support them and their families at this time”.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube