NEONS OOH 2020 Jury Meet: Campaigns judged on the basis of efficiency and ROI
Chaired by Tarun Katial, CEO, ZEE5, the grand jury came under one roof to determine which were the most meritorious OOH campaigns
The jury session for the 10th edition of e4m NEONS OOH Awards took place on March 4th at St. Regis, Mumbai. This year, NEONS OOH received 450 entries out of which 140 were shortlisted for the jury session.
Five agencies from the 140 shortlisted entrants presented their case studies of the campaigns submitted in the presence of the main jury board members.
The judging criteria and parameters were based on four factors which were: creativity, innovation, effectiveness, and production. The jury members also took into consideration the budget as one of the parameters for judging.
The jury Chair for this year's e4m NEONS OOH Awards is Tarun Katial, CEO, Zee5. The other eminent main jury board members present were Abhik Sanyal, VP & Head Consumer Marketing, DSP Investment Managers, Anjali Krishnan, Media Head, Mondelez, Navin Shenoy, Head Marketing-Youth, Music, and English Entertainment, Viacom18, Paresh Chaudhry, Group President - Corporate Brand Custodian, Adani Group, Ryan Fernandes, Head of Marketing & E‐Commerce, Pantaloons, Saurabh Varma, CMO, INOX, Shabnam Panjwani, CMO, Edelweiss Group, Sagar Kochhar, CMO, Rebel Foods and Janardan Pandey, Managing Director, Nett Value Media Pvt.Ltd.
Those that made the cut were OOH campaigns that were strategic and effective in terms of the brand’s communication message. The campaigns that the jury board members took key notice were those campaigns that made the consumers engage with the brand.
Sharing about some campaigns a jury member pointed out that some campaigns were single POCs (Point-Of-Care) but didn't make the cut because they were not scaled up.
The prominent jury chair member Katial sharing his sentiments about the jury process said, "It was a great jury day, with great jury members. We had a great time looking at some good work. In tough economic environments, you wonder whether brands and agencies are trying hard enough to do something different. But I was impressed and amazed that there is a lot happening around us."
Sharing his feedback for the entry members Katial pointed out that brands need to do something clutter-breaking. He remarked, "Think innovation before you think scale. And when you think of innovation, think of scale and how you can do it more often. Replicate it and make it successful."
Efficiency and ROI were looked at while judging the OOH campaigns mentioned Katial. "OOH works and most of these entries have made brands happy with the results that have come about from the campaigns", commented Katial.
The final awardees will be unveiled on the gala day of the Awards Ceremony on the 13th of March at Taj Santa Cruz, Mumbai.
The categories for NEONS OOH Awards 2020 are:
Innovation in OOH:
- Innovation Use of Existing Medium- Metro
- Innovative Use of Existing Medium- Beyond Metro
- Innovation Creation of a New Medium - Metro
- Innovation Creation of a New Medium- Beyond Metro
- Best/Innovative Brand Fit within Existing Media
- Excellence in outdoor media Installation (Only for media owners)
- Innovative Outdoor Media Format/Space/Designs - Beyond Metros (Northern, Eastern, Western & Southern Regions) Only for Media Owners
Use of New Media in an OOH Environment:
- Most Innovative Use of Digital OOH Media - Metro
- Most Innovative Use of Digital OOH Media - Beyond Metro
- Most Innovative Use of Indoor OOH Media in a Point-of-Purchase Environment
- Most Innovative Use of Moving Media
- Most Innovative Green Initiative
- Most Effective Use of Technology
Strategic planning and effectiveness in OOH Media:
- Best Outdoor Plan – Strategy - Metro
- Best Outdoor Plan - Strategy - Beyond Metro
- Most Effective Outdoor Plan
- Telecom Product & Services
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Entertainment & Media
- e-Commerce 7
- Public Service/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Travel & Leisure
- Beverages & Food
- Retail Advertising
- Others (like Corporate/Consumer Durables/etc)
- Real Estate
- Synergy Award
- OOH Campaign of the Year
- OOH Media Agency of the Year
- OOH Advertiser of the Year
Popular Choice Awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube