TAM Sports analyses audience & sponsorship for IPL 3 & 4
TAM Sports has done an extensive assessment on IPL 3 and 4, focusing on the dynamics of TV audience and sponsorships.
Published - Jan 4, 2012 8:59 AM Updated: Jan 4, 2012 8:59 AM
TAM Sports, a division of TAM Media Research that specialises in measuring the sports sponsorship ROI, has announced the launch of special features on IPL 3 and IPL 4. TAM Sports has done an extensive assessment on IPL 3 and 4, focusing on the dynamics of TV audience and sponsorships. This series of TAM Sports publishing aims at benefiting Sports Association, broadcasters, advertisers and sports marketing consultancies and help them understand the complexities involved in expecting ROI. TAM Sports started this initiative with IPL Season 1 and also has a book on IPL Season 2.
TAM Sports’ IPL 3 & 4 books include an in-depth study on the event’s viewership dynamics, commercial and non-commercial advertising (product placement) that brings out the nuances with respect to visibility of brands and branding units along with a comparison across seasons. It offers a detailed study on consumer impressions, brand placement, on-screen and Instadia Advertising along with a special section on the franchisee advertising done during IPL Season 3 & 4. One part of this offering also includes the analysis on PR exposure received by franchisees and various brands associated with it.
Talking about IPL 3 & 4 feature, LV Krishnan, CEO, TAM Media Research, said, “Based on the overwhelming response to our earlier book series of IPL 1 & 2, we at TAM Sports are glad to release the combined book volumes of IPL 3 and IPL 4. These two volume continues to highlight the insights on the sports sponsorship ROI on various platforms – Instadia, On-Player and On-Screen – to the industry along with throwing light on the tournament viewing analysis like Audience profile, How various markets have responded to the event, Impact of IPL on other Genres with a special new section on Franchisee Advertising and Print In-content Placement. While Cricket has been a big focus from TAM Sports due to its large Audience & Advertising base, we will also continue to provide more such insights on other sports like F1, Tennis and Football as well to serve the respective industry for its business requirements.”
Some observations from the TAM Sports IPL study:
• IPL seasons were successful in reaching maximum audiences year on year, IPL Season 3 reached to 41 + million audiences whereas IPL 4 reached to 46+ million viewers.
• IPL 3 & 4 both garnered maximum contribution from CS 35 + age group whereas IPL Season 4 has seen increase in kids viewing.
• In comparison with IPL 3, IPL 4 witnessed 33% growth in overall advertising while Commercial, On-screen and Instadia advertising witnessed a growth of 21%, 50% and 33% respectively.
• Commercial advertising during IPL Season 4 increased by 21% as compared to that of IPL Season 3.
• IPL 4 saw utilization of 60+ instadia platforms.
• On player advertising has witnessed 37% growth.
• 57 brands got exposure through 16 accessories platforms and contributed 2% share of the total ‘Instadia’ advertising.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube