Shashi Sinha of IPG Mediabrands elected as Chairman of ABC
ABC has formally announced taking up digital measurement. As Chairman of ABC, Shashi Sinha, CEO of IPG Mediabrands, is tasked with implementing the project
Shashidhar Sinha, CEO - IPG Mediabrands India was unanimously elected as the Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2015-2016 at their 67th Annual General Meeting.
This announcement comes along with the formal announcement of ABC taking up digital measurement. The digital measurement services offered by ABC would be available to all digital properties who desire to get their numbers measured based on a sound principle of measurement and in a transparent manner. The task before Sinha is to implement the digital measurement project undertaken by ABC so that the industry is benefitted with credible digital data from a trustworthy independent body.
ABC would engage a proven technology partner who would bring to the table many years of experience in digital measurement together with panel data. Digital properties desiring to be measured would be tagged. The entire process of digital measurement would be controlled and audited so as to ensure that the measurement data truly reflects its audiences. ABC would very soon start the digital measurement services and a further announcement would be made at a suitable date.
I Venkat of EENADU was unanimously elected as the Deputy Chairman for the year 2015-2016.
Sinha is also actively involved in other industry bodies namely, ASCI, MRUC, RSCI, Ad Club (immediate Past President) and chairs the Technical Committee of BARC.
The members on the ABC Council for the year 2015-2016 are as under:
Advertising Agencies Representatives
1. Shashidhar Sinha, IPG Mediabrands, India - Chairman
2. Madhukar Kamath, Mudra Communications Pvt. Ltd. – Hony. Treasurer
3. Srinivasan K Swamy, RK Swamy BBDO Pvt. Ltd.
4. CVL Srinivas, Group M Media India Pvt. Ltd.
1. I Venkat, Ushodaya Enterprises Ltd. – Dy. Chairman
2. Amit Mathew, Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd.
3. Shailesh Gupta, Jagran Prakashan Ltd.
4. Hormusji N Cama, The Bombay Samachar Pvt. Ltd.
5. Devendra V Darda, Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd.
6. Sanjeev Vohra, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
7. Benoy Roychowdhury, HT Media Ltd.
8. Chandan Majumdar, ABP Pvt. Ltd.
1. Hemant Malik, ITC Limited. – Hony. Secretary
2. Debabrata Mukherjee, Coca Cola India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Sandip Tarkas, Future Retail Ltd.
Secretariat: Hormuzd Masani – Secretary General
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube