Guest Column: E-mail marketing is the best form of targeted marketing,Vaibhav Srivastava, EIG.
A smart business campaign with targeted email marketing leads to better reach, which can lead to an increased customer interactions and ultimately increased ROI
Over the years, the internet has played a key role in various aspects of business, and more so in marketing when compared to other functions. From a mass blast of flyers, promotion deals and sales campaigns, the number of options available for communicating with your customers has been on a rise ever since.
Every day, we get inundated with a lot of marketing campaigns on various social media platforms from multiple brands; from video releases, advertisements, podcasts to messages, there’s lots of content. In fact, a lot of it could even be considered noise! Since a great deal of marketing involves reaching out to the right target audience, a mass targeted social media campaign may not be able to trigger the required response from your customers.
A marketing campaign can include multitude of ideas and amplification strategies, but still can fail to reach or stimulate your target audience. A smart business campaign with targeted e-mail marketing leads to better reach, which can lead to increased customer interactions and ultimately, increased ROI.
E-mail marketing enables brands to break through the noise and deliver appropriate targeted message to customers in real time. We have tried to find out some reasons why e-mail marketing has grown to become an ideal tool for businesses to reach potential customers and generate leads.
1. Personalization: You may have come across campaigns on social media, television and print media which send out a generic message to a heterogeneous audience. Such ‘One Size Fits All’ marketing strategy not only fails to deliver personalized content to prospective consumers but also fails to create any kind of bond between your prospects and the brand. E-mail marketing lets you create campaigns that will resonate personally with your customers, their motivations and issues, thereby creating a trigger. After all, there’s nothing like reading a mail which is addressed to you, built for you.
2. Customization: Every user is different and so is their thinking and buying process. Marketers nowadays have an immense array of tools to analyse their target audience, demography and their behavioural patterns. With the help of such inferences, it becomes easy to create customized messages for your readers, basis their interests. E-mail marketing enables you to send custom messages for each of your target segments on their interest affinity.
3. Engagement: A campaign targeted at a large and non-defined prospect list tends to resonate less with customers resulting in lower engagement. With targeted and personalized e-mail messaging, brands have observed much higher interaction than any other form of marketing.
The better you know your prospect list and their interests, and the more you build a personalised e-mail experience, the higher your open rates will be.
4. Interactivity: While other types of marketing campaigns lead to be a one-way communication, interactive elements within an e-mail can allow for enhanced interaction and increase engagement with your message. At a time when conversational marketing like chatbots are on the rise, interactivity in e-mails is a new and emerging trend that marketers can look up to in the time to come.
5. Increased ROI: Marketers who segment their lists and employ quality targeting with relevant messaging can improve conversion and increase revenues considerably. It has been proven that by putting the right content in front of the right customers, brands can also improve their e-mail marketing output significantly. A study by Direct Marketing Association (2015) states, “E-mail marketing is good for your business. $38-back-for-every-$1-spent kind of good.”
There have been several well-organized e-mail marketing campaigns that have helped a lot of businesses in ways more than one. This will be evident if you just open your inbox today to see some of the biggest brands trying to establish a connection with you. One just needs the right strategy and the right messaging to nail the art of e-mail marketing perfectly.
Vaibhav Srivastava is the Head –Brand Marketing, Constant Contact, EIG.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are solely those of the author and do not in any way represent the views of exchange4media.com.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube