HGSi develops gamified microsite for Gulf Oil’s digital campaign
The microsite is designed to engage users coming in from various social platforms with a gamified message of the campaign's core thought
HGS Interactive, a business unit of Hinduja Global Solutions Limited (HGS) (Listed on NSE & BSE, India), has developed an engaging gamified microsite for Gulf Oil’s digital campaign - You Get Out What You Put In. The microsite is designed to engage users coming in from various social platforms with a gamified message of the campaign's core thought – a great lubricant enables the vehicles best performance.
The microsite based on a racing game is fully responsive, compatible on desktop, tablets and smartphones, and was developed in less than 10 days from ideation to execution. This adrenaline-pumping game is an ultimate test of skills, reflexes and concentration of the gamer. The microsite has a minimalistic interface and the game takes centre stage to set pulses racing! Weaving #YouGetOutWhatYouPutIn around the concept of hard work, the campaign emphasises that without faith, perseverance and hard work, one cannot achieve their goals. The campaign also highlights that Gulf’s range of automotive lubricants unlocks the ultimate performance of vehicles, and the power to become a champion lies within oneself.
“We are thrilled to successfully integrate Gulf Oil products into the gamification campaign for elevated user experience. If we can make the users feel like they are a part of the brand story, they're going to be much more attached to the brand,” said Sachin Karweer, Business Head, HGS Interactive.
“Gulf Oil has been a major supporter of Manchester United and the latest campaign #yougetoutwhatyouputin is an exciting one featuring some of the iconic players of the club. We wanted to deepen the engagement of our audience with the central campaign thought and gamification provided the perfect solution. The microsite is testimony to Gulf Oil Lubricants’ passion for sports, technology and our innovative gamification capabilities,” said Ravi Chawla, Managing Director, Gulf Oil Lubricants India Limited (GOLIL).
The game in detail.
- In the online racing game, the player can choose between a bike or a car to play the racing game and collect Gulf Lubricant Oil Cans along the way, avoiding obstacles to prevent loss of mileage.
- The game showcases how the virtual Gulf Lubricant Oil Cans offers superior performance, similar to how the real Gulf Lubricant Oil Cans provide the same results on real roads. The gamer can challenge his/her friends, beat his/her score and even beat the highest score. In addition to this, the microsite showcases a range of high-performance Gulf Oil Lubricants that enables vehicles to deliver superior performance.
- Playing the game by entering necessary details like email address warrants an entry in a grand lucky draw.
- Prizes include a chance to meet their favourite sports heroes and a chance to win cool autographed merchandise of Manchester United.
- There are more elements of the digital campaign. By just a click, viewers can watch videos of sports stars like M.S. Dhoni, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay to know the secret formula of their success!
- Manchester United, M. S. Dhoni and Hardik Pandya are promoting the microsite on their social media channels, predicted to reach out to millions of people across the world.
- Contest closes on 10th Feb 2020. Winners will be declared shortly after.
Click here to visit the microsite: http://yougetoutwhatyouputin.gulfoilindia.com/For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube