Discovery Plus app now on Amazon Fire TV
It has also launched a new marketing campaign that will run across all 14 Discovery network channels as well as on all key digital platforms
In addition to being available on Android, iOS and on the desktop & mobile web, Discovery Plus is now also available on Amazon Fire TV. Within a week of the launch on Amazon Fire TV, Discovery Plus netted an impressive 41.3 minutes per subscriber* per day.
Discovery Plus also augmented its content to celebrate the launch with a collection of new ‘Big Screen Delight’ titles dropping every day of the week. Over the last week, Discovery Plus dropped marquee content specials including ‘NASA and SpaceX: Journey To The Future’, ‘Carter’s War’, ‘Space Launch: America Returns To Space’, ‘How The Universe Works’ and ‘Expedition Asia with Ryan Pyle’. Additionally, starting today audiences can now stream ‘Nature’s Strangest Mysteries Solved’, ‘Mythbusters’ and season 10 of the very popular show ‘Gold Rush’ on their Fire TV devices.
Discovery Plus, emphasizing the big-screen delight experience, launched a new marketing campaign that will run across all 14 Discovery network channels as well as on all key digital platforms. Discovery Plus is also amplifying spends on performance marketing to ensure that all enthusiasts are aware of new platforms debut on Amazon Fire TV.
Speaking about the launch, Issac John, Business Head – Digital (South Asia), Discovery, said, “One of the foremost demands put forth by ardent fans of Discovery+ has been met with the launch of our app on Fire TV. Our tremendous engagement on FireTV bears testament to that. Besides the convenience of consuming the largest repository of premium real-life entertainment content across devices, our audiences have loved the experience of watching Discovery+ on big screen and that’s what this launch on Fire TV allows us to provide. Our marketing campaign too builds on this simple, yet critical insight.”
“Our endeavour has been to offer Fire TV customers the widest selection and a frictionless way to discover their favourite content. Discovery Plus indexes a vast range of content about our planet, its rich culture, history, flora and fauna as well as the contribution of science and technology in the evolution of the human race. We are excited to add this selection to Fire TV customers in India,” said Parag Gupta, Head of Amazon Devices, India.
Link of Big Screen Delight Campaign - https://youtu.be/nfc5ltZtTOs
*Average consumption per day per subscriber of Discovery Plus on Fire TV from June 06 – June 14
Big Screen Delight
- SPACE LAUNCH: AMERICA RETURNS TO SPACE- The event takes viewers along the mission to launch veteran astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the ISS on a SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft. The mission, known as Demo-2, used a Falcon 9 rocket, also built by SpaceX, to propel it. The event also features some of the biggest names in entertainment with appearances by global superstar Katy Perry, TV and Internet personality Adam Savage, former NASA engineer and YouTube sensation Mark Rober and other surprise celebrity guests. It also includes expert insight by former astronauts Mike Massimino and Karen Nyberg; active astronauts Jessica Meir and K. Megan McArthur and; NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine as well as an interview with Astronaut Chris Cassidy from the International Space Station (ISS).
- NASA & SPACEX: JOURNEY TO THE FUTURE- a special 2-hour documentary featuring exclusive access to the incredible journey leading up to Space X launch. The film crew was granted unprecedented access to NASA and to SpaceX headquarters – giving viewers a rare glimpse inside Launch Control and first-hand accounts from SpaceX Founder and Chief Engineer Elon Musk, Astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley and NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine. The documentary reveals the behind-the-scenes action with the teams of SpaceX engineers, NASA employees and scientists as they fulfill the SpaceX mission to “fly, test, and fix” their way to the ISS – with the goal of eventually flying to the moon and to Mars.
- NATURE’s STRANGEST MYSTERIES SOLVED - Audiences take a front-row seat to the demonstrations, experiments, and first-hand experience needed to solve NATURE'S STRANGEST MYSTERIES as a team of experts, including biologist Dan Riskin, zoologist Lucy Cooke, wildlife expert Bradley Trevor Greive and marine biologist Andrew Nosal, unpack each mystery to reveal the explanations behind these remarkable behaviors.
- HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS - How is the universe put together? How is it built? And how does it work? Science's hit space series will blow your mind by answering how the universe started and how it will end - and everything in between. Learn how nuclear fusion keeps them burning for billions of years and what powers our nearest star: the sun. The inner workings of outer space will be revealed as modern astronomy helps to demystify a series of unusual phenomena.
- MYTHBUSTERS - The Emmy-nominated series MythBusters aims to uncover the truth behind popular myths and legends by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and plain old-fashioned ingenuity to create a signature style of experimentation. Inspiring a generation to inquire, interact, and get involved with science, MythBusters uses a signature brand of explosive experimentation to prove or disprove popular myths, misconceptions, or legends. Over the years, the team has tested hundreds of myths, filmed over 7900 hours, created 840 explosions, and used 56,500 yards of duct tape.
- GOLD RUSH S10 - Once gold fever strikes, it’s impossible to give it up. This season of GOLD RUSH marks a decade of digging with all-new claims, crews and challenges. Miners Parker Schnabel, Tony Beets and Rick Ness are back and putting everything on the line in pursuit of the American dream. The year starts with a major crisis in the Klondike. The miners are forced to take massive gambles to strike it rich as they hunt for gold on new grounds.
- CARTER’S W.A.R. (Wild Animal Response) - An inspiring 10-part engaging series where wildlife investigator, hunting guide and conservationist Ivan Carter, determined in his efforts to spread awareness and save the wildlife of Africa, uncovers the many threats it faces. From heavily armed poachers butchering elephants for their tusks to the slaughter of rhinos for their horns, with each episode, Ivan looks deep into the threats that the wildlife of Africa faces and tries to find solutions. He takes the viewers inside the real Africa to the front lines of the wars being waged on its wildlife.
- EXPEDITION ASIA WITH RYAN PYLE - Expedition Asia is a modern television series that is focused equally on adventure, exploration and cultural education. Join Ryan Pyle as he unplugs himself from his urban life and heads out to explore the world in an exciting new 10-part series. He spends months exploring the best adventure trekking destinations in Asia such as Mount Apo in Philippines, Badain Jaran Desert in China, Bali in Indonesia, Khuiten Peak in Mongolia, Holy Ridge in Taiwan, Maclehose Trail in Hong Kong, The Turkestan Circle in Kyrgystan, Mount Kinabalu in Malaysia, Northern Thailand Trail and finally Jagatsukh Peak near Manali in India. Ryan’s human-powered adventures are always inspiring as he proves that anyone can get out and explore the great unknown.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube