DAVP inks special deal with news broadcasters to promote Quit India campaign
As part of the deal, channels will create special vignettes to promote the campaign
Published - Aug 18, 2017 8:10 AM Updated: Aug 18, 2017 8:10 AM
To promote the government’s latest campaign to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement, sources say the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP) has inked a deal with major news channels which are not empanelled with DAVP.
Industry sources say that Textile Minister Smriti Zubin Irani, who recently took additional charge of the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry, took the lead by reaching out to the news channels to promote this campaign. As part of the deal, channels will create special vignettes to promote the campaign at a cost which a source speaking on the condition of anonymity said was not as per the new guidelines of DAVP and was a win-win situation for both the concerned parties. In addition, the inventory is running on pre-decided timelines and not as per DAVP stipulated time-bands. It must be reiterated that this deal is only for the current campaign.
For more updates, be socially connected with us on
exchange4media had earlier reported that DAVP had not released payments worth Rs 57 crore to news broadcasters. This was the sum total outstanding amount to be paid by DAVP to news broadcasters for airing the various central government advertisements. This amount had “piled up continuously” over the past several years and industry sources had said that the delay in processing payments on the part of DAVP is a “long-standing issue” and an “age-old problem”. Broadcasters had also taken up a stand to boycott DAVP’s empanelment list and new policy guidelines as the fresh rates on offer were too low.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube