IRS will be held in abeyance till March 31, says RSCI
The RSCI Managing Committee, at its meeting with the MRUC Board in Mumbai today, said that a process for re-validation of the study is being developed, which will be completed by March 31
The RSCI Managing Committee, at its meeting with the MRUC Board in Mumbai today (February 19, 2014) decided to hold the Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2013 findings in abeyance till March 31, 2014. The meeting was called to discuss the way forward for the IRS 2013 with all its stockholders.
In a release issued, the Media Research Users Council (MRUC) stated:
• IRS will be held in abeyance till March 31, 2014
• A process for re-validation of the study is being developed. This process shall be finalised by February 24, 2014.
• The re-validation process will be completed by March 31, 2014.
• Observations and recommendations arising from this process will be presented to RSCI by early April 2014.
• Once adopted, the recommendations will be formally incorporated into the future architecture of the IRS.
MRUC further said that all subscribers and members will be immediately contacted by the RSCI, MRUC, and ABC to hold off usage of the study until the re-validation process is completed.
The meeting called by the Readership Studies Council of India (RSCI) Chairman on February 19 was intended to place all aspects of the study before the RSCI. MRUC was looking at RSCI’s support to help convince the broader community of stakeholders about the study’s robustness and integrity. However, RSCI’s decision has come as a setback for the readership survey.
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube