Bloomberg|Quint's new initiative with India's top start-ups and CEOs salutes the homemaker
Bloomberg|Quint launches “Home-makers Are The Best CEOs” initiative on Women’s Day
Published - 08-March-2017
On the occasion of Women’s Day, CEOs and founders of some of India’s largest consumer internet start-ups and innovative businesses have come together for Bloomberg|Quint’s “Home-makers Are The Best CEOs” initiative. This campaign features founders and CEOs of leading brands like Mobikwik, Shopclues, Ixigo, Games2Win, Kwan, India’s top home chef entrepreneur, the country’s leading woman tennis player turned digital founder and a leading actor, entrepreneur and activist.
Bloomberg|Quint, the multi-platform business news brand, launched this initiative to recognize the stellar role home-makers play in the economy and the nation at large, whether as working professionals or as home-based entrepreneurs. The campaign seeks to break the stereotype and change mind-sets prevailing around how home-makers are viewed in our society.
The founders and CEOs supporting the campaign include:
- Upasana Taku, Co-Founder & CEO, Mobikwik, one of the country’s leading mobile payments platforms
- Gul Panag, Actor, Entrepreneur & Co-Founder, MobieFit, a leading fitness brand
- Sanjay Sethi , CEO, Shopclues, one of India’s leading online marketplaces
- Aloke Bajpayi, CEO, Ixigo, a leading travel search marketplace
- Alok Kejriwal, CEO, Games2win, a leading online gaming company
- Anirban Das Blah, CEO, Kwan, one of India’s leading talent management firms
- Nisha Madhulika, a well known home-chef entrepreneur, also one of the country’s biggest YouTube stars
- Shikkha Uberoi, Co-Founder, Indi.com, Former Indian top 100 WTA woman tennis player
Home-makers have largely been seen as consumers or quintessential housewives, but have never been celebrated for their spirit of enterprise. The fact remains that in a fast-growing, digital-led economy, greater number of home-makers are going back into the workforce or starting up from home. And those who choose to stay-at-home exhibit a great sense of enterprise. Not only do home-makers drive and influence key sectors of an economy such as BFSI, Auto, FMCG, Real-estate, Consumer goods, but are now increasingly large online buyers, as is evident in the growth of digital commerce. How home-makers plan for the future, optimise on budgets and resources, ensure well-being of families and multi-task work and home is a remarkable skill. The campaign draws a parallel with how CEOs and entrepreneurs run companies and keep shareholders and employees happy.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube