NDTV honours corporates in 7th edition of Business Leadership Awards
Anand Mahindra acknowledged as NDTV Business leader of the Year; Deepak Parekh and Keshub Mahindra conferred Lifetime Achievement Awards
Published - 10-April-2013
The seventh edition of the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards were held recently to honour the country’s crème de la crème of the corporate world, whose relentless pursuit of excellence has fuelled India’s journey to the forefront of the world’s economy.
Anand Mahindra, Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra was acknowledged as the NDTV Business Leader of the Year and presented the Award by Chief Guest Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission.
On receiving the Award, Mahindra said, “Running away is never a successful strategy. You cannot simply run away abroad because you have a fear of the environment here. Time and again countries like South Korea and Japan have proven that you grow strong globally when you have a strong base in India.”
Other eminent awardees were:
• Deepak Parekh & Keshub Mahindra – Lifetime Achievement Awards
• N Chandrasekaran – Business Visionary Award
• Mallika Srinivasan – Business Thought Leader
• Kumar Mangalam Birla – Most Inspiring Business Leader
• Samsung – Dynamic Innovator of the Year Award
• Jubilant and TCS – Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
• Wipro – Award for Inclusion & Diversty
• John Abraham – Creative Entrepreneur of the Year
NDTV partnered with Supertech as their presenting sponsor; associate partners were Monnet, Sensodyne, Xerox and Rodeo Drive; innovation partner was3M; the construction solutions partner was JCB; driven by Toyota Camry; hospitality partner was Hyatt Regency, with knowledge partners Deloitte, BCF and Sattva for the Awards this year.