NavGujarat Samay crosses circulation of 2 lakhs in 6 months of launch
Ahmedabad is a vibrant market for Gujarati newspapers with the established brands such as Gujarat Samachar with a circulation of 3 lakhs, Divya Bhaskar with a circulation of 2.9 lakhs & Sandesh with a circulation of 1.5 lakhs
Published - Jul 16, 2014 6:52 PM Updated: Jul 16, 2014 6:52 PM
In less than six months of launch, The Times Group’s new Gujarati Daily, NavGujarat Samay, has achieved a notable milestone - that of crossing the 2 lac circulation mark in the city. This shows that the product has hit the mark with value conscious & demanding Gujarati readers in Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad is traditionally known to be the bastion of established and well respected Gujarati dailies that have strong reader loyalties. For NavGujarat Samay to achieve a 2 lakh circulation in just 6 months is testimony to the fact that Gujarati readers in Ahmedabad appreciate a premium, modern product when they see one & have welcomed NavGujarat Samay’s unique mix of best in class business news, hot city news, reader engagement and a sleek & modern design.
Launched with only an Ahmedabad edition, NavGujarat Samay is different from other dailies in:
- Hottest city coverage: More number of city pages, breaking stories and investigative formats like ‘Sting of the day’ – sting operations conducted on issues relevant to the local reader.
- The best business coverage in the category: Best in class business coverage among Gujarati dailies. Business stories are featured daily on the front page of the paper itself, in deference to the business minded Gujarati readers’ taste along with more business content in a dedicated section within the paper, every day. Taking this a step further, NavGujarat Samay has collaborated with India’s leading business daily The Economic Times and has come out with a special supplement – The ‘NavGujarat Samay ET Wealth’ supplement – 6 pages of the most relevant business and personal finance stories every Monday. This supplement carries an in depth report on different sectors each week and also celebrates the top achievers in an ‘NavGujarat list of achiever’s’ sector wise, fortnightly.
- Ahmedabad Times Masala Mix: (on entertainment, Bollywood and lifestyle) has captured the Amdabadi youth’s attention and is currently the hottest supplement in Ahmedabad with upto one full page of reader generated content being carried daily in it.
- The weekly Bodhi Vriksh (Speaking Tree in Gujarati) supplement delivers best in class spiritual content and has been very well liked by traditional Gujarati readers who love following news, quotes and features by their favorite spiritual Gurus.
- Special content for female readers: A collaboration with India’s leading woman’s magazine Femina ensures that the women readers of NavGujarat Samay have access to the latest beauty, fashion, health and lifestyle stories through NavGujarat Samay Femina.
- 2 front pages: Front page 1 and 2 that offer readers double the dose of the most important news.
- A sleek design that is contemporary, visually-rich and with a clean modern layout.
Ahmedabad is a vibrant market for Gujarati newspapers with the established brands such as Gujarat Samachar with a circulation of 3 lakhs, Divya Bhaskar with a circulation of 2.9 lakhs & Sandesh with a circulation of 1.5 lakhs.
Speaking on the development, Rahul Kansal, Exec. President, The Times Group said “We at Times Group pride ourselves in intuitively understanding the needs of our readers and over-delivering on those expectations. NavGujarat Samay has been lapped up by the Ahmedabad readers in a short period of time. We at The Times Group are hugely encouraged by this endorsement from the ones who matter the most – our readers.”
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube