IAA Leadership Awards honours the industry’s best
Veteran media professional Pradeep Guha was inducted into the Hall of Fame, while ad industry veteran Sam Balsara was honoured with the Media Agency Head of the Year award
Published - Feb 4, 2013 8:17 PM Updated: Feb 4, 2013 8:17 PM
The IAA Leadership Awards were given away at a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on February 2, 2013. There were 18 categories of awards, including Creative Agency Head, Best CEO, Media Person of the Year, Best Editor, Best News Anchor, Marketing Head of the year in Banking, Insurance, Automobile, Telecom, FMCG products, Travel and Hospitality, among others.
Minister for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari was the Chief Guest at the event and gave away the Awards. Veteran media professional Pradeep Guha, who was associated with the Times Group and Zee Network, was inducted into the Hall of Fame, while advertising industry veteran Sam Balsara was honoured with the Media Agency Head of the Year award.
IAA leadership Awards were given away in 18 categories. The awards recognised and honoured ‘outstanding’ individuals in the fields of marketing, advertising and media.
• Ogilvy & Mather Executive Chairman and National Creative Head Piyush Pandey was bestowed with the Creative Agency Head of the Year Award.
• Sam Balsara was honoured with the Media Agency Head of the Year award.
• Star India Executive Vice President Gayatri Yadav won the award in the Media & Entertainment category.
• On the client's side, Chandramouli Venkatesh of Cadbury India bagged the IAA Leadership Awards in FMCG-food and beverages category.
• Hindustan Unilever Vice-President Arun Srinivas won the award in FMCG-Personal Care category.
• Samsung Electronics CMO Rahul Saigal was given the IAA Leadership Award in Consumer Durables Category.
• Vodafone Sr VP, Brand Communications, Anuradha Aggarwal bagged the marketer of the year award in telecom products and services category.
• Asian Paints Vice President - Sales and Marketing Amit Syngle won the IAA Leadership Award in household products and services category.
• ICICI Bank Head of Marketing Sujit Ganguli got the Marketer of the Year award in the banking category.
• LIC India Executive Director Rita Bhattacharya received the Marketer of the Year award in insurance sector.
• Automobile sector awards went to Hero MotoCorp’s Anil Dua in two-wheeler category, Maruti-Suzuki COO Mayank Pareek collected the award in passenger vehicles category and Force Motors GM Cyriac Jacob won the award in commercial vehicles category.
• Makemytrip.com Marketing Head Manish Kalra got the Marketer of the Year award in travel and hospitality category.
• Bollywood star Salman Khan was adjudged the Best Brand Endorser Male and Katrina Kaif, Best Brand Endorser Female.
• ITC chairman YC Deveshwar got the award in the best CEO of the year category.
Editor of the Year was won by Times of India Executive Editor Jaideep Bose.
Rajdeep Sardesai of CNN-IBN was adjudged the News Anchor of the Year.
Media Person of the Year award was bestowed upon Hindustan Times Chairperson and Editorial Director, Shobhna Bhartia.
The winners were decided through a two-stage selection process; the first stage included nominations and short-listing by marketing, media and advertising professionals; and the final selection of winners was done by a voting process among the shortlisted nominees by respective senior industry peers.
IAA appointed AC Nielsen to execute the nomination and voting process. Ernst & Young conducted audit and validated the entire process. Colors was the presenting sponsor for the Awards.
The event was attended by more than 400 senior professionals from advertising, media and marketing fields from all over the country.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube