Hungama Digital Media launches PRO service for its native app
Service includes integrated service of audio and videos, streaming without internet, operator billing and Google Wallet integration
Published - Jun 25, 2014 7:54 AM Updated: Jun 25, 2014 7:54 AM
Hungama Digital Media Entertainment, digital destination for Bollywood, regional and South Asian music entertainment, in a bid to further augment its reach in the digital music entertainment industry, with over 10 million active users, announced the launch of its PRO service for the flagship Hungama mobile app.
The digital music industry, currently pegged at $400 million, is growing at a CAGR of 22 per cent (as per FICCI-KPMG report). With mobile accounting for 90 per cent of digital music consumption and 73 per cent internet penetration fuelled by the proliferation of smartphones, there is an upswing in the digital consumption of media content in India.
The PRO service has an array of offerings. The latest additions include:
|Caching Feature for Android and iOS||The caching feature with PRO support on android and iOS, enables consumers to save their music and video which can be played without internet connection anywhere, anytime in turn saving data cost|
|Integrated service of audio and videos||The PRO service distinguishes itself by being the only app which has integrated audio and video streaming and download together|
|Subscribe and Download||Consumers can subscribe to the PRO service either via Google Wallet, at a flat fee of Rs. 110 per month or subscribe to customised packages for a day, week or month using the operator billing option|
Siddhartha Roy, Chief Operating Officer (Consumer Business & Allied Services) at Hungama Digital, said, "It is known fact that as Indian audiences we don't just listen to our music but we watch it as well. It's this specific gap, which has prompted us to roll out the Hungama music service that has both audio & video offering for our consumers. Hungama has been a pioneer in the digital music industry for over a decade and a half and basis our understanding we have observed that there is a need of providing consumers a solution where they are free from being dependent on their internet connectivity, specially where there is an issue with the quality of connectivity.
Given this, music streaming will continue to grow exponentially, Hungama is delighted to launch the PRO service, which allows consumers to listen to their streamed music without data connectivity.”
The unique features of the Hungama app include:
• Patented Loyalty feature and Gamification - that rewards you for every action on the app. You can earn (and redeem) points every time you watch videos, play/share music, invite friends or even create playlists
• Patented Mood Discovery - finds and plays music to match your mood. This feature allows you to discover music based on your preferences – Mood, Tempo, Language, Genre or Era
• Access to lyrics – You can experience music intelligence with an add-on feature which brings interesting trivia and lyrics with just a touch
• Artist Radio: With over 20,000 artistes on Hungama.com, you have access to a massive music pool. Tune in to your favourite celeb’s music playlist on Artist Radio feature
• Social Music: The ‘My Stream’ option allows you to invite, share and connect with your friends online through social networking platforms and create waves of interesting music conversations online
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube