Wavemaker creates multi-media campaign for launch of ITC Savlon’s Braille-enabled packs
To establish emphatically the news of Savlon Braille Enabled packs, Wavemaker partnered with key news channels and publications to ‘deliver News through Braille’.
ITC’s leading health and hygiene brand, Savlon, has introduced Braille enabled packs of Savlon Antiseptic Liquid on World Sight Day. In line with ITC’s commitment towards an equitable and inclusive society, the first of its kind braille enabled packs have been designed not just to enable access but also in its simple way help the visually impaired to identify and access the product easily. This proactive initiative exemplifies the brand’s commitment to an empowering consumer experience.
Wavemaker strategised and implemented a first-of-its-kind multi-media campaign to enable outreach and communication of this initiative.
The genesis of this was a simple life insight, conceptualised by Ogilvy India – Everybody gets hurt. And individuals who are visually impaired are no different. But access to an antiseptic liquid is perhaps not that easy and they would have to wait for somebody to help tend to the wound. This forms the core of the new Savlon film and is the genesis of this initiative - “Agar chot aasani sey lage, toh madat bhi aasani se milni chahiye”. The TVC narrative brings alive this simple insight through some everyday situations and is designed to provoke thought and encourage inclusiveness.
The campaign needed to reach out to both the visually impaired to tell them about this initiative, as well as drive awareness among the larger populace. And to establish emphatically the news of Savlon Braille Enabled packs, Wavemaker partnered with key news channels and publications to ‘deliver News through Braille’.
Multi-media campaign featured:
- Headlines of the day of leading news channels were shared by a visually impaired news anchor using Braille copy.
- Outlook magazine re-created its cover in Braille. The masthead of the magazine was converted into Braille along with the printed cover story.
- The visually impaired got up in the morning and read a Braille newspaper. A special broadsheet in Braille was inserted in newspapers like Vijaywani (selected editions). To facilitate the same, they reached out to a teacher of visually impaired school (who is visually impaired) to translate all the news into Braille.
- Dainik Savera – newspaper in Punjab also printed a broadsheet in Braille and carried out on-ground interaction with the visually impaired through it
- White Print, the newspaper for visually impaired featured Savlon’s advertisement in Braille and wrote about Savlon’s new packaging.
Sameer Satpathy, Chief Executive, Personal Care Products Business, ITC Limited said, “In line with ITC’s commitment to serve a larger societal purpose and to create enduring value for all stakeholders, Savlon celebrates World Sight Day with this unique first of its kind braille enabled packaging in the FMCG space. The initiative is a determined step forward to create a more equal and inclusive society by enabling access.”
Speaking on the campaign, Kartik Sharma, CEO, Wavemaker - South Asia said, “It is rare to see brands changing their packaging to support such a noble cause and creating opportunities by enabling access to the empower visually impaired individuals. I am extremely moved to be a part of such pioneering initiatives. We have tried our best to bring alive this noble cause through various media innovations, consumer programs which will make the entire consumer journey experience much more real.”
In addition to these media campaigns, Wavemaker also decided to offer a unique consumer experience for Savlon by creating consumer contact programs. Through this program, the teams reached out to visually impaired children in multiple schools and explain them how Savlon packaging has changed and how to use the product.
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube