ASCI upholds complaints against 151 out of 201 advertisements
Out of 151 advertisements against which complaints were upheld, 90 belonged to Personal and Healthcare category, followed by the Education category with 40 advertisements
Published - 27-March-2015
In January 2015, ASCI’s Consumer Complaints Council (CCC) upheld complaints against 151 out of 201 advertisements. Out of 151 advertisements against which complaints were upheld, 90 belonged to Personal and Healthcare category, followed by the Education category with 40 advertisements.
HEALTH AND PERSONAL CARE:
The CCC found the following claims in health and personal care product or service advertisements of 90 advertisers to be either misleading or false or not adequately/scientifically substantiated and hence violating ASCI’s Code. Some of the health care products or services advertisements also contravened provisions of the Drug & Magic Remedies Act and Chapter 1.1 and III.4 of the ASCI Code. Complaints against the following advertisements were UPHELD.
1. Richfeel Health & Beauty Pvt Ltd. (Richfeel Trichology Centre): This advertisement claims that Richfeel Trichology Centre provides the best hair transplant from the best hair care brand at the best price of Rs. 55,000.
2. Richfeel Health & Beauty Pvt Ltd. (Richfeel Trichology Centre): The advertisement of Richfeel Trichology Centre is in breach of code of medical ethics as the advertisement is soliciting patients and mentions the name of Dr. Apoorva Shah promoting the Clinic.
3. SagarAyurvedic: The claims in the advertisement imply treatment of sex problems which were unsubstantiated, and in breach of the law.
4. AIMIL Pharmaceuticals (India) Ltd. (Lukoskin): The advertisement of Lukoskin claims to cure white patches (Leucoderma) which was unsubstantiated with clinical evidence specific to the product.The DRDO data did not have any correlation with the product and the claim made was distortion of facts and misleading.
5. SAS Pharmaceuticals (D’ Lay Time Capsule): The advertisement claims “D’Lay Time Capsule – An Ayurvedic Medicine”, “Time Capsule for better masculinity”, “100% Herbal, Safe and Effective”, “No Side Effects” which stands unsubstantiated. Also, the advertisement claims, read in conjunction with the advertisement visual and the pack visual, imply that the product is meant for enhancement of sexual pleasure, which is in breach of the law.
6. Emami Limited (She comfort Ultra): The supers in the Hindi TVC advertisement of She Comfort Ultra were not in the same language as the audio of the TVC, which contravened the ASCI Guidelines for Supers.
7. Wipro Limited (Wipro Safewash Liquid Detergent): The advertisement of Wipro Safewash Liquid Detergentclaims “Only Wipro Safewash keeps sweaters germ free”.The data provided supported germ removal efficacy of the product however did not substantiate residual efficacy as implied in the word “Rakhe germ free”.
8. Nature Tonic (Rejuvex Tablets):The advertisement claims that Rejuvex Tablets - Men Vitality Supplement is 100% Herbal, boosts libido, helps fight fatigue, boosts vigour and vitality, boosts the immune system, increases sexual desire, promotes male reproductive health with no side effects, were unsubstantiated with proof of efficacy. This specific claim implies that the product is meant for enhancement of sexual pleasure and thus the advertisement is in breach of the law.
9. SaifySevaAashram (Dard Go Massage Oil): The advertisement of Dard Go Massage Oil claims that the oil is recommended by orthopaedic surgeons which was not substantiated.
10. Shree BalajiAgrow Pharma (ArshKalyan Capsules): The advertisement of ArshKalyan Capsules claims to be a safe medicine to successfully get rid of bloody, vaadi piles and warts in the anal region without going through any operation.
11. White Herbs: The advertisement of White Herbs claims that the beauty and wellness company exists since 1901, which was not substantiated.
12. Dr.VinaySarvotham Clinic: The advertisement of Dr.VinaySarvotham Clinicrefers the advertiser as “Dr” without mentioning the correct qualification. The advertisement also mentions the name of the doctor and has been published leading newspapers to solicit parents. This is in violation of Code of Medical Ethics
13. Dr. Shah’s fitness Bhavan- A Highway: The advertisement claims the use of U- Lipo machine can reduce thyroid, hypertension, blood pressure, diabetes and water retention.
14. BalajiAyurvedSansthan (Brest Care Capsule & Oil): The advertisement of Brest Care Capsule & Oil has specific claims related to breast development, stating that the product gives your beauty the right upliftment. “Badhaiyeapnisundartaka size”, “NayaUbhaar, nayaNikhaar” which is inbreach of the law. It also claims that the product is an Ayurvedic medicine, herbal, trustworthy and easy to use.
15. Arka Biologics (Re-21 Capsule): The advertisement of Re-21 Capsule claims to boost energy, stamina and motivation in men. It also claims to be well suited for diabetic, cardiac and hypertensive patients and further claiming results in a 21 day challenge. Also, the advertisement claims, read in conjunction with the advertisement visual, implies that the product is meant for enhancement of sexual pleasure, which is in breach of the law.
16. Kalda Plastic Cosmetic Surgery and Burn Centre: The advertisement of Kalda Plastic Cosmetic Surgery and Burn Centre hadvisuals showing the before and after treatment effects which were found offensive and misleading.
17. Vibes Health Care Ltd (Size Zero Program): The advertisement of Size Zero Program claims to have one million happy (contented) clients. The advertisement also claims that one can attain “size zero” in 14 days with guaranteed results. The claim “Size zero program” was misleading by ambiguity.
18. Al Shifa Hospital Pvt Ltd: The advertisement of Al Shifa Hospital Pvt Ltdmakesan unsubstantiated claim to be the biggest hospital in Asia and has cured more than ten thousand people from piles and related diseases.
19. Trinity Test Tube Baby Center: The advertisement claims 100% success with a money back guarantee. Also, specific to the claims related to infertility, the advertisement is in breach of the law.
20. Relief Clinic: The advertisement of Relief Clinic claims complete treatment of all skin diseases like wrinkles, dark circles, eczema, psoriasis, white dots and obesity.
21. Positive Ayurcare: The advertisement of Positive Ayurcareclaims to cure male and female sexual problems without an operation. It also claims guaranteed treatment for diseases like hydrocele, hernia, kidney stone, piles, asthma, skin disease, joint pain and hair loss without any side effects.
22. Dr. Samar: The advertisement of Dr. Samar claims to be a world famous dentist. This claim stands unsubstantiated.
23. Herbal Clinic: The advertisement claims to provide weight loss of upto 10 to 15 kgs by their sureshot traditional herbal treatment of consuming their medicine once a day along with buttermilk or curd for 40 days. They further claim to present the most precise measure in the world to reduce weight. They also state that the product is a 100% safe and natural remedy.
24. Shree Krishna Hospital: The advertisement of Shree Krishna Hospital claims successful treatment of cancer, kidney andliver related diseases.
25. RatanAyurvedicSansthan (Sudol Body Toner Capsules):The advertisement of Sudol Body Toner Capsulesclaims that the product is tried and trusted by lakhs of ladies of our country. The advertisement further claims that the product gives new identity to a woman's body. It also claims to be an ayurvedic medicine.
26. VaidyabanAyurvedic Remedies (Sugareen Gold Kit): The advertisement of Sugareen Gold Kit claims successful treatment of diabetes by consuming upto 80-120mg of the capsule, tablets anddrops on empty stomach. It also claims that bones become stronger and the body stays disease free which leads to a longer life.
27. Viron Forte: The advertisement of Viron Forte claims to be completely Ayurvedic with no side effect. The advertisement further states that the capsule is made from essential and best herbs like ashwagandha, shilajit, lohbhasma, makardwaj, jaifal, safedmusli, shatavari, talamkhana, saffron, vangbhasma, kaunchbeej, abhrakbhasma andswarnabhasma for making one’s married life successful. They also claim that by consuming the product in the morning and evening it helps to increase energy, capacity, joy and passion.
28. Nisargalaya Herbal Private Limited (RoopNisarg Skin Care Products): The advertisement of RoopNisargSkin Care Products claims to help get rid of dark skin and get beautiful skin.
29. Buster Health Care Private Limited (Herbal Super 30 Range of Products): The advertisement claims thatHerbal Super 30 - Capsule & Oil with a powerful and effective formula helps to increase passion, energy and power in masculine weaknesses, and gives more energy, joy and stamina. The advertisement also claimsthe world's no.1 sexologist.
30. Olefia Biopharma Limited – (Votif Range of Products): The advertisements of Votif Range of Products claims that the product is 100% herbal and has long life results. It further claims that Votif syrup is a very beneficial ayurvedic medicine for sex related problems, sperm count and motility rate i.e. increasing motility. It also claims treatment of diseases like swelling up of veins, incomplete development of penis or loosening, less desire for sex, feeling scared or stoppage, incomplete satisfaction in venereal action, premature ejaculation and night fall, less or weak sperm count, inability to complete the process of fertility, etc. A normal person can also use Votif syrup regularly and bring happiness in their married life and strengthen their relation. The advertisement also claims that the product is a sex improver, sperm builder, stamina booster and semen concentrator. The claims specifically related to sexual impotency, and advertisement visual implying that the product is meant for enhancement of sexual pleasure is in breach of the law.
31. Divine Care: The advertisement of Divine Care claims 100% treatment guarantee for diabetesand skin diseases.
32. Krishna Health Care (Ashrafi Lotion): The advertisement claims that theAsharfi Lotion is ayurvedic and is world's no.1. It also claims that it is a traditional medicine invention, made after years of research to cure white spots, chipped and cracked heels from its roots. The advertisement also claims successful treatment of sexual diseases.
33. Hegade Ayurveda - HegadeVise III: The advertisement of HegadeVise III claims to be a traditional 1005 natural, Ayurvedic remedy for all kinds of sexual disorders.
34. Positive Life Sciences Private Limited (Positive Homeopathy): The advertisement of Positive Homeopathyclaims provide No.1 homeopathy in diabetic care. It claims to cure, prevent and control complications in type 2 andtype 1 diabetics. The advertisement further claims that 79% of their diabetic patients are happy now.
35. Sri Tirthraj Herbal Brain Powder: The advertisement of Sri Tirthraj Herbal Brain Powder claims to be made by doctors for increasing memory power. They further claim that to be effective from the very first day.
36. Diabitioner: The advertisement Diabitioner claims to help get rid of diabetes in seven days. They claim that the product is made of pure herbs which help increase insulin, resistance power, purifies blood, strengthens digestive system, and strengthen kidney, eyes, and nerves.
37. Ganga Ayurvedic Clinic: The advertisement of Ganga Ayurvedic Clinic claims successful treatment of joint pain, swelling, hair fall, obesity, thyroid, survicle, sugar and sex related diseases in men and women.
38. Parivar Pharmacy D-Pain Range of Products): The advertisement claims that D-Pain Oil Churna& Balm is 100% ayurvedic and gives freedom from joint pain. They also claim that it instantly relieves one from knee pain, waist pain, arthritis, joints pain, spinal pain swelling, paralysis, sciatica, chikungunya, and sprain and cures chronic pain. They further state that the product is approved by GMP KVIC certified.
39. Om Sai Ayurveda India Limited: The advertisement claims to get rid of any kind of addiction in 60 days. They further claim to be World’s famous Vidarikand for curing addiction and have proved to be very useful in helping people quit addictions. The advertisement also states to protect from the consumption of tobacco, gutka, cigarette, alcohol and other addictive elements, without any side effects.
40. Oshea Herbals (Oshea Herbals Phytogain Hair Vitalizer): The advertisement claims to offer treatment for hairfall, dandruff and provide faster hair growth. They further claim that one can gain hair naturally with 24 hours protection through the “Phytogain Hair Vitalizer”. The advertisement also states that it is an ayurvedic formulation of amla, bhringraj and manjistha which helps in providing no threat of germ attack on the hair and stops hair greying, also treating dry and unhealthy hair.
41. Om Sai Agencies (Sugar Lock Syrup): The advertisement claims thatSugar Lock Syrup is ayurvedic and is a very safe and effective medicine made of essential natural herbs. The advertisement also claims that one can get amazing results by consuming the medicine for one month. They further claim that it is effective in protecting the essential parts such as brain, eyes, kidney, and heart and stops harmful effects of the reproductive organ by making them powerful.
42. Dr. Dassan'sAyurvedic Herbal Formulations (Dr Dassans Self On): The advertisement claims that the patients of paralysis can become self-dependent by consuming Self On Neuro Fast Recovery Capsule developed by Dr. Dassans Herbals from the records of many patients who have got cured. The advertisement also claims that kidney patients can avoid dialysis and transplant by using their renal pack. Further, the claim, “For additional information, watch DishaDharmik Channel on Saturday Dr. Dassans Health Show at 2-3pm and watch more videos of recovered patients on Dr.Dassans YouTube channel”, was misleading by ambiguity.
43. Abbott India Ltd (Digene): The claim of “New” in the advertisement of Digene was misleading by omission in the absence of a qualifier, as the formulation of the product is not changed but only flavouring agents have been added in the product. The supers in the Hindi TVC were not in the same language as the audio of the TVC, thus the advertisement also contravened the ASCI Guidelines for Supers.
44. Nash Homeoplex: The advertisement of Nash Homeoplex claims treatment of skin diseases at the deepest level. It also claims to treat kidney stone, menopause and PCOD. The advertisement further states that if a person is below 19 years of age, Nash Homeopathy helps to reactivate the pituitary gland, rejuvenate and revitalize growth plate. They also claim that the product is safe, easy and a convenient way to increase the height and one’s metabolism rate at the same time.
45. Dr KamthesAyurvedic Clinic: The advertisement claims 1 hour's UpacharPadhhati for removing hemorrhoids and fistula permanently without any cuts, bleeding or tension of re-occurrence.
46. Medinn Belle Herbal Care (Endura Mass): The advertisement of Endura Mass claims to help in gaining weight, stay fit and look great. The advertisement also claims that by helping people gain the right weight, Endura Mass gives better personality to lakhs of underweight people.
47. Modi Omega Pharma (Jungle Formula Spray): The advertisement claims that Jungle Formula Spray is effective maximum upto 10 hours and protects against mosquito bites, midges bite, other biting insects, dengue, chikunguniya and other mosquito borne diseases. The advertisement further claims that the product is absolutely safe to use.
48. AHC Beauty & Skin Clinic: The advertisement of AHC Beauty & Skin Clinic claims skin fairness with no chemical peeling and side effect. Also, the visuals in the advertisement showing the images of before and after the treatment were misleading.
49. Dr. Shah’s Advance Hair Clinic: The advertisement claims that Dr. Shah’s Advance Hair Clinic is Asia's trusted and internationally awarded clinic, and provide results which are proven.
50. Procter & Gamble Home Products Ltd (Oral B Sensitive Super Thin Toothbrush): The advertisement of Oral B Sensitive Super Thin Toothbrush claims 20 x thinner bristles vs regular manual bristles.
51. Emami Limited (Emami 7 Oils in One): The advertisement of Emami 7 Oils in One claims, “Kyunki Ye IstemalKarti Hai SirfEk Tel Aur Main 7 Oils”, “SirfEk Tel BaalonKeKhoye Hue Proteins Vitamins NahiLautaPataAur Bal HoJate Hai Damaged”, “Emami 7 Oils In One of World's First Damage Control Hair Oil - 7 Tel Aur 7 Herbal Aushadh Complex KeSaath”, “Yeh Tail Damage Ko Repair Kare Complete** Hair Damage* Repair”, which were inadequately substantiated. The supers in the Hindi TVC were not in the same language as the audio of the TVC, hence the advertisement contravened the ASCI Guidelines for Supers and did not meet the criteria for ‘hold’ duration.
52. SanjeevanNetralaya:The advertisement claims that, for the first time, after continuous research and experience of the last 20 years, experts of SanjeevanNetralaya, Mumbai, developed an extra-ordinary ayurvedic (herbal) treatment for diabetic retinopathy. They claim that this treatment is unlike laser in that it does not damage the retina. It not only restores the vision but it also prevents further vision loss. The advertisement also claims that it repairs the damaged retina, improves its condition and protects it from further damage due to diabetes and saves the eye from permanent damage. They state that this has created hope of recovery for patients throughout the World and in the last ten years thousands of patients have benefitted from this treatment.
53. Keya Seth's Ayurvedic Solution (AlopexPenta): The advertisement of AlopexPenta claims hair growth inbald people.
54. Sumaya Herbs: The advertisement Sumaya claims to improve eyesight. The advertisement states that it cures weak eye sight, blurring, watering eyes and all eye diseases as well as sharpens one’s eye sight.
55. Wonder Herbs Ayurvedic Hospital: The advertisement claims to be the no. 1 clinic for removal of hair, spots and marks on face. They claim that it is run by a certified gold medallist ayurvedic doctor who has treated more than 3 million (30 lac) patients since 1971 with no side effects, chemicals and steroids. They also claim that in one minute 600 tests are done from head to toe.
56. Prince Pharma (2 Much Range of Products): The advertisement of 2 Much Range of Products claims to awaken the feeling of beauty and makes breasts attractive. The advertisement also states that the products are ayurvedic.
57. V N Health Care: The advertisement of V N Health Care claims to get rid of stubborn diseases like sugar, obesity and piles by being at home itself.
58. New Model Clinic: The advertisement of New Model Clinic claims successful ayurvedic treatment for sexual problems.
59. Sahar Herbal Pharmacy (Sahar Herbal Pharma Products): The advertisement claims that Diaba Cure Powdercontrols sugar permanently and has been tried on thousands of patients. Faulad Health Powder is a total “desi” formula meant for thin and skinny people to develop their health and increase weight.
60. Veer Health Care Limited (Flatrex V Tablet):The advertisement claims to reduce corpulence, weight, fats and laziness. The advertisement further claims that it contains garcinia, cambogia and guggal forming an ayurvedic proprietary medicine.
61. MFB Herbal Dawakhana (AlshifaChurna): The advertisement of AlshifaChurna claims to reduce obesity by ayurvedic technique without going to the gym and experiencing the difference in little time.
62. Paul Pharmacy (Paras Product Range): The advertisement claims that the use of Paras Kit tablets, capsules and oil will lead to a happy married life by enhancing sexual power, passion and enjoyment for a long time.
63. LavanyaAyurvedicKayakalapAnusandhan Kendra: The advertisements claims that cancer treatment is possible without radiation and chemotherapy. The advertisement also claims to provide treatment for incurable diseases like cancer, AIDS and hepatitis, stating that their medical results scientifically proved and published in National and International Journals. The advertisement also states that 575 cancer, 80 AIDS and 47 hepatitis patients were treated successfully. They also state the Toxicity Study which shows no side effect found in the medicine in animals as per regulatory guidelines.
64. Ocean Biocare Pharmaceuticals (Pro- Charge Capsule): The advertisement of Pro- Charge Capsule claims to provide a healthy and powerful body. The advertisement also includes a testimonial which claims to increase five kgs weight and one inch height in 60 days.
65. Ruhhani Power Capsules: The advertisement’s claim, “Ruhhani Power Capsules - Quick effective ayurvedic medicine”, was not substantiated.
66. Laborate Pharma India Limited (Labolia Fair & Light for Women): The advertisement of Labolia Fair & Light for Women claims to be formulated under technical guidance from U.S.A. which provides freedom from darkness.
67. Herbal Clinic: The advertisement of Herbal Clinic claims to be World’s No.1 sex clinic. It claims to cure premature ejaculation, nightfall, fatigue and increases sex timing by 45 minutes. It also claims 30 day medicine free with a magazine and 8GB memory card. It further claims that it provides a suitable treatment for increasing breast’s size.
68. Lite care Powder: The advertisement of Lite care Powder claims to get rid of obesity permanently in just seven days without dieting and exercising. The advertisement further claims that Lite Care is an ideal mixture of 20 multi vitamins and proteins which fight obesity, increase the metabolism and digestion power by which food gets digested faster, which in consequence helps the body to get slim. They state that by dieting or by eating less you can reduce weight is completely wrong, but by dieting our body does not get the essential proteins and minerals because of which we have problems like hair fall, wrinkles, dark circles, untimely ageing and weakness. The advertisement also claims “The anti-oxidant qualities present in Lite Care digest the food and the carbohydrates present doesn't gets converted into fat. And it provides energy by forming protein”, “Now you have a natural and easy way to reduce weight”, “Melt your fats with the help of Lite Care”. The images in the advertisement showing the before and after treatment were also misleading.
69. DhanvantariPanchkarma Hospital: The advertisement claims treatment of piles with only one dose, theeffects on which would be visible from the first intake. It also claims successful ayurvedic treatment of rheumatism, joint pain, survical, migraine, paralysis, allergy, psoriasis, white spots, stomach diseases, stone, attacks, obesity, blood pressure and premature ejaculation.
70. Ambe Clinic: The advertisement of Ambe Clinic claims successful treatment of weakness in nerves due excessive masturbation, less desire for sex with increasing age, less energy in penis, less sperm count, fear of sex, semen in urine, night fall, impotency, small organ, crookedness in the penis shape, syphilis, acne, pimples, gonorrhoea and infertility.
71. Jyoti Herbs India Private Limited (Health Sun Plus Range of Products): The advertisement of Health Sun Plus Ayurvedic Capsule & Powder claims to increase power and makes a person smart. It further claims to help get the correct body weight and solve all your problems. It also claims to cure constipation, gas formation, lack of appetite, strengthens digestion power and corrects blood circulation. The advertisement then claims that the product is beneficial in complete development of kids and is the only alternative for good health for the complete family.
72. RajvanshHomeo Clinic: The advertisement of RajvanshHomeo Clinic claims successful treatment of sex related disease, piles, and kidney stone by homeopathic medicines, also stating the qualification of the doctor to be D.H.M.S Homeopathy.
73. Om Sai Ayurveda India Limited: The advertisement claims to reduce your sugar level with a money back guarantee. It also claims to be a pure Ayurveda medicine, ISO 9001:2008 certified company which has been engaged in deep research in ayurveda and found one such rare medicine which maintains the level of sugar in blood.
74. Arogyadham: The advertisement of Arogyadham claims to cure migraine and wear and tear of knees completely with a money back guarantee. It also claims assured treatment of incurable diseases.
75. Venkateswara Ayurveda Nilayam Limited (VK4 Diacon): The advertisement of VK4 Diacon claims, “Protects Heart, Kidney, Eyes & Liver.”, “It protects blood cells and helps to avoid heart diseases and paralysis”, “Reduces fungal infection and bacterial infections”, “Protects against skin diseases”, “Protects nerves and improves digestion”, “Improves brain power”, “100% trusted for diabetes control”.
76. NavjeevanAyurvedAushadhalaya: The advertisement claims removal of unwanted hair for the first time in the world which is completely ayurvedic with no side effects. It also claims 200% results guarantee with a money back policy.
77. Life Essentials Personal Care Private Limited (W2 Noveau Hair Oil): The advertisement claims, “Prevents Greys and Hair Fall.”, which was not substantiated with proof of efficacy of the product.
78. Dr.Dassan'sAyurvedic Herbal Formulations (Dr Dassans Self On): The advertisement claims treatment of disability with Dr Dassan's Self On Neuro Capsule. The advertisement also claims that it has developed a government patented, side effect free formula for curing non-functioning legs, forearm and hands, facial muscle drop, non-functioning tongue, heaviness, stiffness, numbness and shocks. They further claim that as per scriptures, the elements present in it helps in improving blood circulation (clot) and inturn provides strength to the cells. It also claims to prevent the cells from being dead and the patient can witness results after consuming just 1- 2 packs.
79. Dr. P. K. Jain Clinic: The advertisement of Dr. P. K. Jain Clinic claims to be the No.1 top ranking sexologist, with a team of most successful sexologists. It also claims that they are the STD experts who have been awarded a lifetime achievement award by London Minister of External Affairs Lord Viscount Slim for world class scientific research and successful treatment for manly weakness, premature ejaculation, nil sperm count, smallness-looseness of organs and other sexual diseases. They further claims to be honoured as the best sex clinic of the millennium.
80. Rediscover: The advertisement claims to be the clinic run by doctors to help weight loss by their Size-zero Thermotherm Treatment for fast weight loss and inch lossupto 1kg with full body shaping in every session without any surgery and pain.
81. SkyBrand India (Diabo Kill): The advertisement of Diabo Kill claims treatment of diabetes in one week. It also claims to increase insulin and energy, strengthens the digestive system, purifies blood and strengthen kidneys, eyes and nerves.
82. Lava Viron Forte: The advertisement of Lava Forte Vaginal Cream claims to naturally tighten the vagina. They also claim that the breast cream makes the breasts attractive, stating 60 capsules for masculine power, 200 gram ShahiPrash for men and women, 15ml Massage Oil for increasing time in men which is approved by Ayush - Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Government of Haryana (India).
83. JM Wellness Private Limited (B-Healthy): The advertisement of B-Healthy claims to increase resistance power and keep healthy.
84. Japani Capsule: The advertisement claims that Japani-F and Japani-M capsule is 100% safe, made of aswagandha, abrakvasma, sarnavasma and makardhaj. The advertisement also featuresDr SherendraChowhan who says that it is safe for everyone.
85. Leeford Healthcare Limited (LeefordMeglow Fairness Cream for Men): The advertisement ofLeefordMeglow Fairness Cream for men claims to contain crystal brightening essence and SPF 15 – UVA / UVB. They also state that one can get immense fairness on one’sface by the use of MeglowFacewash and MeglowFairnesscream twice daily.
86. Kolors Health Care India Pvt. Ltd: The advertisement of Kolors Health Care India Pvt. Ltd claims to be world’s first ISO 9001_2008 certified company. It also claims advance hair treatment for the first time in India with absolute result for hair growth.
87. Vcare Super Speciality Clinic: The advertisement of Vcare Super Speciality Clinic claims to introduce India's first stem cell facial with latest Swiss technology.
88. Goodcare Pharma Private Limited (SpirulinaPlus Capsule): The advertisement of Spirulina Plus Capsuleclaims to be a rich resource of nature. It claims to contain 5000% more iron than palang, 1000% more vita ketone than carrot, 500% more calcium than milk, 300% more protein than soya bean and amla which is a natural source of Vitamin C. The advertisement further claims toawaken the energy to control pressure, prevents anti - ageing and keeps one young, provides more calories and keeps healthy by controlling weight, provides more resistance to fight diseases and helps in curing diseases faster.
89. Parore Hospital:The advertisement of Parore Hospital claims 100% Ayurvedic treatment of diseases like psoriasis, scabies, eczema, shidas, dhadhar, itching within sevendays.
90. Delhi IVF & Fertility Research Centre: The advertisement claims a one stop solution to all problems related to childlessness and states that 7000 A.R.T. babies delivered since 1994.
The CCC found following claims in the advertisements by 40 different advertisers were not substantiated and, thus, violated ASCI Guidelines for Advertising of Educational Institutions. Hence complaints against these advertisements were UPHELD.
1. Global Institute of Fashion Technology: The advertisement claims 100% assured internship.
2. Invotech Precision Engineers: The advertisement claims to provide assured Government/ Public/ MNC & Foreign jobs as Safety Engineers.
3. SGB Group of Institute: The advertisement claims placement guarantee.
4. London School of Business & Certified Accountant (LSBCA): The advertisement claims “100% placement in India and abroad since teaching 2006 in Chandigarh”.
5. Career Launcher (CL): The advertisement of CL claims, “1000+ Students Have Cracked Civil Services Prelims 2014”,
“6 Out Of Top 10 Ranks in Civil Services'13”, “Only Cl Will Get You to Your Goal. Join Cl join IAS”.
Complaints against advertisements of all educational institutes listed below mostly are UPHELD because of unsubstantiated claims that they ‘provide 100% placement/AND/OR they claim to be the No.1 in their respective fields’.
Euro Kids International Private Ltd, New-Way Solutions, American Culinary & Cruise Lines Academy, SardarVallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles & Management, Aim Institute of Hotel Management, Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna, Laxmi Hospital, National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), SVS group of Institutions, SIMS Group of Institutions, Orissa Institute of Fire Engineering And Safety Management (OIFESM), Medi Rep Foundation, International Institute of Acting and Modeling (IIAM), Scope Computer Education, Parijats We Play and Learn Pre School, B-Lingua Career Academy, Balaji Classes, Balaji ITI, Kaplon Coaching Group, Microsystems, Glaze India Foundation Private Limited, Kautilya Academy, Rajesh Tak Classes, Maxima the School of Animation, Amogh Classes, Institute of Information Technology & Advanced Studies(IITAS), IPSR Solutions Limited, Knowledge Infinity Academy, TechnopusWebsolutions Private Limited, Regional College of Medical Laboratory Technology, All India IT Association, International Institute of Culinary Arts (IICA), Medcity International Academy, Professional Transcription and Udawat Classes.
1. SKODA Auto India Pvt. Ltd. (Skoda Rapid): The advertisement shows a disclaimer in the advertisement which is not in a readable font size, the supers are not clearly legible on the TV screen, thus contravening the regulations of minimum lettering size of supers.Fiat Group Automobiles India Pvt Ltd (Fiat Avventura): The advertisement shows a disclaimer in the TVC which is not in a readable font size, the supers are not clearly legible on the TV screen, thus contravening the regulations of minimum lettering size of supers.
2. Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (Volkwagen Polo): The advertisement of Volkwagen Poloclaims to be India's safest premium hatchback. The data provided by the advertiser is of January 2014, a press release from Global NCAP. The claim did not support with authentic test data relevant to the current car models in the market.
3. Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (Volkwagen Polo): The advertisement of Volkwagen Poloclaims to unleash the new Polo with 1.5L TDI engine with the quoted price offer of “starts at 4.89 lacs”, distorts facts and is misleading by implication, as the advertiser has quoted the price of a petrol version for a communication introducing the diesel variant. Also, the disclaimer is contradictory to the product promoted in the advertisement.
1. Naaptol Online Shopping Pvt. Ltd (Branded Roti-Maker): The advertisement ofBranded Roti Maker shows a product which makes perfect Rotis and other different items. Though the advertisement mentions the work “Branded” the advertiser was unable to provide the brand of the Roti-Maker to the consumer, thus misleading by ambiguity.
1. JM Housing Ltd.: The advertisement claims that the house is a 15 minute drive from city centre metro station and 10 Minutes’ drive from NH24, which was not substantiated.
2. Symantec Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd (Norton by Symantec): The advertisement of Norton by Symantecclaims to recover stolen cell phone through Norton Mobile Security and shows the location of the missing device on a map. Wherein, the company claims the device can be only recovered if the location settings in the phone are turned on.
3. Siva Foods &Flubbers Jelly Pudding: The advertisement claims to be “India’s no. 1 jelly”. The claim stands unsubstantiated due to the market share tally and comparative data.
4. Patel Mamra Basmati: The pack of Patel Mamra Basmati claims about the net weight of 500 gm and sodium O mg - 0%, were false and misleading.
5. Bacardi India Pvt. Ltd. (Bacardi Music CD’s): Bacardi Music CDs Press Advertisements keep appearing in leading dailies for these music CDs.,As there is no relaxation in the ban of liquor advertisementss and there is a stipulation that the quantum of advertising should exceed 10% of the turnover of the brand. The same did not reflect in the annual market sales data of the product/service and the same was a surrogate advertisement for a promotion of a liquor product – Bacardi Breezer.
6. Divine Infracon Pvt. Ltd. (Radisson Blu Hotel): The advertisement of Radisson Blu Hotel claims fully furnished freehold luxury serviced apartments and attractive fixed rental on investment for 15 years with 15% increase every three years. In the absence of any qualifiers, it is misleading by ambiguity.
7. Pixxtron Exim Pvt. Ltd. (Pixx Led Light): The advertisement of Pixx Led Light claims to work for more than 35 years which stands unsubstantiated.
8. Shakti Pumps (I) Ltd. (Shakti Pumps): The advertisement of Shakti Pumps shows a celebrity who says “ye vigyapannahihai”which is not truthful and misleading by ambiguity, as it is an advertisement for a product being promoted.
9. Jaipan Domestic Appliances Limited (Jaipan Geyser): The advertisement claims to reduce electricity bill, with 24 hours running geyser it costs only half a unit, is misleading as it implies that the electricity consumed will be half a unit even if the geyser is kept running continuously.
10. Pyramid Drinks Private Limited (Pyramid Pure): The advertisement of Pyramid Pure claims to be silver treated water with spring technology and extra minerals. The advertisement also claims that the packaged drinking water is a source of energy.
11. Jyothy Laboratories Ltd (Pril Perfect Liquid Dishwash): The advertisement of Pril Perfect Liquid Dishwashclaims, “Naya Advanced Pril Perfect ab sab se behetar”, was not substantiated adequately.
12. Supreme Food Industries (Meriiboy Ice Cream): The advertisement claims thatMeriiboy Ice Cream provides 100% natural ice cream which was not substantiated.
13. Nestle India Ltd (Munch): The advertisement of Munch showcases a man riding a two wheeler without a helmet which promotes unsafe driving.
14. Sri Kalyani Culinary Foods Pvt Ltd (Delight Medley Pro): The advertisement of claims Delight Medley PROground powder is made with nine different ingredients and can be consumed easily by cooking it for twominutes to get porridge. It further claims that the ingredients used help regulate blood sugar levels of diabetic people, slows down the rate of sugar absorption, enhances insulin production, reduces cholesterol, detoxifies the body, reduces risk of heart diseases, boosts immunity and helps in weight management by promoting healthy weight loss. The advertisement also states that many dieticians know about the product and suggest the same to the needy as it is affordable to all.
15. Sterling Agro Industries Limited (Nova Milk): The advertisement of Nova Milk states that the product helps give a sharp mind., The claim was not substantiated.
16. Teleone Consumers Product Pvt. Ltd (Allah Locket): The advertisement of Allah Locket claims power of the product to ward off all problems faced by human beings for business purposes The claim wasnot substantiated. The claim was misleading by exaggeration, and the TVC exploits the consumers’ lack of knowledge and is likely to lead to grave disappointment in the minds of consumers.
The campaign starring actor Jacqueline Fernandez has been launched across TV, Print and Digital for 60 days
Published - 6 hours ago
Van Heusen, the power dressing brand from Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd. has upped its marketing plan with a host of initiatives to build a strong connect with its consumers. The brand has launched a comprehensive `Carry your World’ campaign featuring India’s leading Bollywood star Jacqueline Fernandez across 60 cities for two months. The campaign will be featured in multiple mediums such as television, print and online as well. A 40-second video will be launched across digital channels and movie screens and will be supported through diverse print and TV promotions in the coming months.
The commercial symbolically puts the spotlight on the Van Heusen Woman who is an independent and a modern woman, willing to define life on her own unique terms and make her mark on the world. Armed with a sprightly attitude and a fresh perspective, she uses fashion as a means to show her passion. Recently, Van Heusen announced actress Jacqueline Fernandez as the Face of Van Heusen’s handbag segment.
Speaking on the campaign Abhay Bahugune, COO, Van Heusen said, “The newest ‘Carry Your World’ campaign celebrates the effortless style that resonates the independent and empowered woman of today. The premise of the campaign seeks to explore the brand’s identity through language and emotion, to shine a spotlight on our newest handbag collection where fashion and functionality meet mobility in every piece. We are proud to associate with Jacqueline Fernandez as she personifies with the brand personality.”
Conceptualised by Famous Innovations, the TVC showcases the actress, who embodies the easy spirit, charm and elegance of the Van Heusen Woman. The TVC highlights how the Van Heusen bag remains her constant companion at different settings be it the workplace, at social meetings or for a fun night out. The frame opens with a vivacious Jacqueline donning multiple roles as she juggles many worlds and personas during the day. Her Van Heusen bag therefore compliments her different looks in which she literally carries her world. The shot closes with the actress looking gorgeous and vibrant as she straddles her handbag with enthusiasm, passion and liveliness expressing her free-spirited individuality. The stunning visuals in the video are accompanied by a catchy background score.
Commenting on the video launch Raj Kamble, Founder & CCO, Famous Innovations said, “A power figure, a fashion icon and a go-getter, Jacqueline Fernandez perfectly embodies the ethos of Van Heusen Woman. Our brief was to bring alive the functionality of Van Heusen's hero bag, which is designed keeping in mind the modern woman's lifestyle. We started with the insight that the ambitious woman of today is always on the go and the long, dynamic days mean that she needs to be prepared for anything. Therefore, she carries her world with her. We've portrayed the same in the film in a visually interesting manner.”
The idea behind the campaign is to build brand awareness around the elements that inspire flawless design signature of the brand that is consistent across Kia’s product portfolio
Published - 8 hours ago
Kia Motors, the world’s 8th largest auto manufacturer, launches its first brand campaign for India, to introduce the brand in the country and further strengthen its connect in the market. This high decibel campaign lead by the TVC reiterates Kia’s design philosophy and aptly brings out the importance of design in the Kia ecosystem.
The campaign ‘Magical Inspirations, Stunning Designs’, have been made on the deepest insight that there is an inspiration behind every great design and there are unique inspirations behind the design of every Kia car.
The idea is to build brand awareness around the elements that inspire the flawless design signature of the brand that is consistent across Kia’s product portfolio. Kia has always been at the forefront of cutting-edge design, a philosophy that’s resulted in some of the most iconic cars of this generation.
The campaign that started by piquing people’s curiosity with teasers of an astronaut and a tiger around a Kia car, reaches a big reveal as apart from the astronaut and the tiger, seven other magical inspirations came together to form a Kia car. Be it the enduring astronaut symbolising Man’s first step on the moon; the firefly representing the most luminescent form of nature; the slinky spring where science meets playfulness; the swift yet stable Humming bird; the Ballerina with unmatchable precision, poise and grace; the agile skill and control of a footballer; quirk of Felix the cat and finally the Tiger forms the most magical inspiration set leading to an amazing Kia car.
Speaking about the campaign, Manohar Bhat, Head – Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India said, “This brand campaign establishes Kia’s emphasis on design and how it changes the design rule-book with every car it introduces in the market. Right from the world’s heart throb Stinger to the latest sensation Telluride all Kia cars have their unique identity with a common design language that stands out. We wanted to take a fresh approach through the campaign that rightly highlights the importance of design at Kia and the inspiration that drives us to make stunning cars that we are globally known for. Staying true to the brand philosophy of ‘power to surprise’ there’s more to come via the TVC so, please stay tuned!”
The campaign aims to create a lasting impression on the discerning new age automobile customer leading up to the launch of the SUV from Kia. This multi-media campaign will be supported by a uniquely designed digital campaign, which will engage with the evolved Indian consumer.
Ahead of the launch of its first car in India in the second half of 2019, Kia is aggressively implementing its marketing plans with an aim to be amongst the top 5 automakers in India within three years. Being ahead of its schedule, the company recently announced the commencement of trial production at its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Anantapur, in Andhra Pradesh.
The campaign highlights 9 unique inspirations showcased in the TVC. These inspirations include The Astronaut, The Tiger, The Ballerina, The Humming Bird, The Slinky Spring, Fireflies, Felix the Cat and The Footballer and leaves a surprise element in the end.
The Astronaut: Technology meets Innovation and Endurance
The Tiger: Power meets Presence with the iconic Tiger nose grille
The Ballerina: Precision meets Grace and Elegance
The Humming Bird: Speed meets Stability
The Slinky Spring: Playfulness meets Science
Fireflies: Brilliance meets Luminescence
Felix the Cat: Creativity meets Young at Heart
The Footballer: Control meets Agility and Skill
Showcasing illustrations of the lovable Minion characters, the new Cadbury Dairy Milk in Lickables highlights the Minions range and comes with 55 exciting Minions toys
Published - 11 hours ago
Mondelez India, the market leader in the chocolate category has rolled out Cadbury Dairy Milk in Lickables and Cadbury Gems Surprise in association with the Despicable Me franchise. Showcasing illustrations of the lovable Minion characters, the new Cadbury Dairy Milk in Lickables highlights the Minions range and comes with 55 exciting Minions toys. Cadbury Gems Surprise will also benefit from the Minion makeover.
Commenting on this association, Anil Viswanathan, Director - Marketing (Chocolates), Mondelez India said, “We are witnessing great demand for spoonable chocolates, a trend that is catching up swiftly under this segment wherein the toy is an important category driver. Recognizing this scope and the consumers’ affinity towards the Minions characters, the association with the franchise is a fitting one. With this association, we endeavour to transcend the brand love of Cadbury Dairy Milk to our donor segments products like Cadbury Dairy Milk in Lickables and Cadbury Gems.”
This is a part of Mondelez India’s strategy to recruit the future, with the aim of making Cadbury Dairy Milk the first taste of chocolates for Indians. With a strong innovation pipeline and several global firsts, the company has been introducing newer eat formats, catering to the changing consumer tastes and preferences. Cadbury Dairy Milk in Lickables, the company’s made-in-India innovation, which has the delectable Cadbury chocolate in a spoonable format, has been received exceptionally well by all age-segments especially the younger set since its launch in 2017.
This association will be supported with a new TVC along with digital activations, in-store visibility in modern trade and traditional Ttade stores. The Minions range of Cadbury Dairy Milk in Lickables and Cadbury Gems Surprise are priced at INR 40 each and are available in all traditional trade & modern trade retail outlets as well as e-commerce sites.
The collaboration between the two brands has been curated by NBC Universal Brand Development Group’s licensing partner, Black White Orange.
Cadbury Dairy Milk Lickables Minions - Hindi:
Conceptualised and executed by the DDB Mudra Group, the ad campaign gives a humorous take on the laws of physics
Published - 12 hours ago
Hotstar, India’s largest premium video streaming platform, has released an entertaining new TVC for its VIVO IPL 2019 campaign, ‘#KoiYaarNahiFar’. Conceptualized and created by the DDB Mudra Group, the film features a stereotypical Indian family whose twins are accidentally jinxed to ‘magnetically repulse’ each other. The family makes several failed attempts to bring the twins together. The VIVO IPL 2019 season adds to their woes when the twins lament the fact that cricket is more fun when watched together, something they sadly can’t. Until Hotstar comes to their rescue with its first-ever social cricket-watching experience, allowing the twins to watch the live matches together on a single platform. The ad film has been rolled out in three languages, Hindi, Tamil and Telegu, and is also available across Hotstar’s digital platforms.
Since its release, the film has garnered over 134,276 views on YouTube alone.
This year, with ‘Koi Yaar Nahi Far’, the streaming giant will bring people together irrespective of their location giving viewers the opportunity to invite their friends and family to Hotstar, watch the matches, and participate in the Watch ‘N Play game together. Fans will be able to compete and see where they stand against their friends and family through the new social leaderboard.
They will also be able to make their voices heard by chatting about the match or their Watch ‘N Play experience, not only with their friends and family but also with experts and celebrities. In an interesting product integration, winners of the Watch ‘N Play games will be able to redeem their points courtesy the exclusive partnership with Amazon Pay. Furthermore, with the intent to take this experience deeper and wider into India, Hotstar will stream the matches across 8 languages, targeting an unprecedented reach of 300 mn viewers.
Commenting on the ad campaign, Hotstar spokesperson said, “The joy of watching cricket is multiplied manifold in the company of friends and family, something that’s becoming increasingly difficult to do today. We wanted to introduce something special to protect that ethos and added the interactive, social layer to enhance the cricket watching experience. The TVC showcases this essence beautifully. We hope it will help our viewers connect to the idea and make them explore all the interesting features we’ve added to Hotstar this year for VIVO IPL 2019.”
Talking about the TVC, Shagun Seda, Executive Creative Director, DDB Mudra said, “The general belief is that screens divide and disconnect us from our loved ones. That’s not true if you’re watching IPL. It is best enjoyed with family and friends. But there are many things that could keep you away from watching the game along with your loved ones – work, responsibilities, travel, and in this film’s case, magnetic repulsion. It’s always a challenge to create work that stands out in the noise of IPL advertising. True to the brand’s tone of voice, this year’s Hotstar IPL campaign needed to be quirky, irreverent and entertaining. We wanted to create something that’s clutter-breaking. So we decided to start by breaking the laws of physics.”
To reinstate the idea of #KoiYaarNahiFar, the Hotstar and the DDB Mudra Group are scheduled to release another film soon.
Koi yaar nahin far | VIVO IPL on Hotstar:
Experts speak about the rise of social media in poll campaigns, the challenges the Election Commission will face in implementing the code of conduct and the sense of distrust
Published - 15 hours ago
With the Election Commission (EC) announcing the schedule for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, political parties across the board have got busy strategising poll campaigns and reworking their narratives to appeal voters.
Major political parties like the BJP and Congress have sounded their battle cries. While BJP is going all guns blazing with their latest campaign — ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’, the Congress has kick-started the 2019 election campaign from the PM’s home turf Gujarat and Rajasthan.
See blow some of the recent tweets on the handles of PM Modi, Amit Shah and Rahul Gandhi:
Your Chowkidar is standing firm & serving the nation.— Chowkidar Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 16 March 2019
But, I am not alone.
Everyone who is fighting corruption, dirt, social evils is a Chowkidar.
Everyone working hard for the progress of India is a Chowkidar.
Today, every Indian is saying-#MainBhiChowkidar
You can keep trying Mr Modi, but the truth cannot be extinguished.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) 17 March 2019
Every Indian is saying it. #ChowkidarChorHai
P.S: Do force Sushma ji to add “Chowkidar” to her handle. It’s looking very bad.
A number of regional parties have also begun their poll campaigns and the premise ranges from fighting corruption to job reservations and better governance. While the poll campaign gains steam, we spoke to some experts to understand the trends shaping the ongoing poll campaigns and the political narratives behind them.
According to Jawahar Goel, Editor-in-Chief, Zee Media Network and MD Dish TV DTH, “If we look at how political parties are looking at traditional media platforms, this year too we will see the trend of traditional media spends going down and this is primarily because of the rise of social media platforms. As far as poll campaign trends are concerned, it will depend on the narrative that is being pushed by political parties. Normally, the trend is that people vote to penalise governments and very few vote for the good work that has been done. So we have to wait and watch to see how the trends will shape up eventually as we get into full campaign mode.”
Harjot Singh Narang, President Dentsu One, sees this political atmosphere like any other marketing campaign where parties are after their own differentiators. He spoke about the growing distrust in social media and its impact on the upcoming election campaigns.
“The distrust in social media and what it puts out is one thing that will play in this election. At the same time, it will empower because if you spend enough on it, it has the possibility and capability to generate recall value,” Narang said.
Priya Sehgal, Senior Executive Editor, News X said while the BJP has got its tag line ready ‘Namumkin ab Mumkin Hai’, showing Modi as the one man who can do the impossible and solve all of India’s problems, the Congress still has to get its act together.
“BJP is continuing its 2014 theme, essentially showing Modi as the man with the magic wand. In 2014, the Congress tried to highlight the megalomania of this campaign by using ‘Main Nahin Hum’ as their tag line to show a leader who believes in team work. This time round it will have to come up with a line showing stronger and decisive leadership because in this narrative of nationalism that is being played out on poll eve, it’s the need of the hour,” said Sehgal.
She also spoke about the Election Commission (EC)’s challenges to implement the Model Code of Conduct. “In the age of social media, it is difficult to enforce this rule, though the EC has made it a point to mention social media this time round. But while they may be able to enforce some rules on Twitter and Facebook, how will they handle WhatsApp?
Speaking about the ongoing political narratives, Senior Political Analyst Sameer Kaul said,“The BJP has raised the political stakes in all respects. They will derive an advantage from a splintered opposition and absence of a primary contender for the Prime Minister’s chair.”
“All said and done, this poll campaign is going to be about accusations and counter-accusations, claims and counter-claims. My personal take being that din and rhetoric leading up to poll dates would surely confuse the voters than clearing the dust. And that’s what would make the results most awaited. I do feel the ruling benches may just have that upper hand that is needed to scamper the finishing line,” said Dr Sharad Kohli, Founder and Chairman KCC Group, Economist, Business, Finance and Tax Commentator.
According to communications expert Roma Balwani, the coming of 1.5 crore new voters will impact the upcoming poll campaigns to a large extent. “We have a whole new breed of under-20 who will be part of the electorate for the first time. The new breed of voters are looking for more ‘call to action’ and they have to be convinced,” stated Balwani.
For Dr Kirti Sharma, Assistant Professor Marketing, MDI Gurgaon, purely from a political advertising standpoint the ‘product’ and the ‘brief’ is the most important component of a successful campaign. BJP has clearly defined the face of the party (product) and they have given a structured brief too.
“With the recent Pulwama attack and the counter attack by India, the wave of patriotism will help to shape the BJP campaign in their favour. Further, the various government-led schemes will definitely be an integral element in the campaign. It seems the BJP will have an upper hand in the upcoming elections in terms of designing and running a successful campaign,” she added.
Gopa Kumar, Executive Vice President, Isobar India said, “In this year’s election campaign, Digital would be one of the main platforms where all major political parties will be active. Social media will continue to be the main stay. While guidelines have been put in place, it will be interesting to see how many will adhere to the same. Use of video, WhatsApp and messaging platforms will see a rise as ‘use of voice’ is becoming mainstream and people are getting comfortable with the same. I see many of these parties trying to use voice in different ways to reach out to the voters.”
The TVC has been created by the creative agency Brand Bazooka and is live on multiple digital platforms like YouTube and Facebook
Linc Pen and Plastics Ltd. has lauded the resolution and hard work of students who are taking their board exams this year with their brand-new advertising campaign endorsing Linc’s product Pentonic.
The new ad campaign for Pentonic during this exam season touches the emotional chord of all its connoisseurs, celebrating a vital phase of student life by eulogizing the virtues of their mental strength during exams with the valiance of a soldier fighting in the country’s battlefield.
According to a statement issued by the company, ‘Pentonic – ‘Write the future’ is designed to be an advanced writing instrument for the Gen-Z and Gen-Alpha, keeping in mind their avant-garde needs and demands. With this differentiating ethos Linc has embarked upon an idea that inspires and challenges the future with its boldness.
Their latest ad campaign showcases a focused school girl getting ready to sit for her school ongoing examinations. She gears up by preparing herself mentally for the war up ahead. Moving through the emotional journey of a student’s resilience during the exam at school and a soldier’s never-say-die spirit on the battlefield, the film captures the different moments while getting battle ready, be it in a classroom or combat zone. The film ends with the girl letting out a war cry ready with her battle gear with her weapon of choice: “Pentonic”.
The ad film tries to take one through the mindset of a student which is confident and believes in conquering her battleground. Linc showcases their faith in Pentonic and establishes their focus in enabling India’s students to ‘Write the future’.
The TVC has been created by the creative agency Brand Bazooka and is live on multiple digital platforms like YouTube and Facebook. It has already gained wide appreciation for their passion inducing storyline and garnered over 12,000 hits on YouTube and likes on over 64,000 views on Facebook.
Speaking on the campaign, Deepak Jalan, Managing Director and CEO, stated, “Pentonic has to be one of the best offerings from the stable of Linc. With its effortless smooth writing and unique ink flow system, Pentonic enables the students to write their exams with command and confidence. We at Linc, differentiate with innovation, delivering the best possible writing experience for all our consumers at all price points. The new ad campaign is dedicated to the exam warriors who have put in their hard work to achieve success in academics like the spirited soldier of a nation at the battlefield”.
Sadhana Karwal Co-Founder & CEO Brand Bazooka Advertising Pvt Ltd., added, “We decided to set aside the tangible benefits and features of the pen and instead create a communication that appeals to the psyche of a student preparing for the exams. From the initial feedback from the market, the film has been very well received.”
Created by Ogilvy Mather, it is a 360-degree campaign which includes outdoor, digital and TVCs
With an objective to liberate customers from their current confusions, content distribution platform Tata Sky has launched its latest campaign, ‘No Compromise’ to explain why it is necessary to choose Tata Sky to fit an individual’s budget and content needs. Featuring Gajraj Rao, the campaign highlights the core message of ‘No Compromise’ on entertainment needs via tailor-made packs and instant pack modifications available on Tata Sky.
Gajraj Rao will star in three Tata Sky ad films helping the customers understand why there is no reason or ‘Rishtedaari’ (relation) that should make one compromise between their content of choice and budget. The campaign urges customers to make that all important and long impending move to Tata Sky. At a time when change is inevitable and mostly seems painful, Tata Sky assures that its high-end technology will provide answers to all the consumers needs.
Through this campaign, Tata Sky addresses the change brought about by the current pricing regime and offers assurances of never letting any customer compromise between either content or budget.
The ad campaign delights with Gajraj Rao playing the adamant husband & son-in-law unwilling to change with time, leading to unhappy family members. A smile is rest assured, as you relate to these day-to-day scenarios from our lives.
Film 1: The first ad film opens inside a local shop, where the conversation between the father-in-law and son-in-law (played by Gajraj Rao) is around why the same set of channels are now costing more. Since the son-in-law doesn’t budge on his argument, the father-in-law ends up finding Tata Sky as the solution to his problems. But since the ‘rishtedaari’ must be maintained he reluctantly has to step back and compromise on his choice of packs fitting his budget.
Film 2: In the second film, the wife tells her husband, (played by Gajraj Rao) she is unable to watch her favourite shows, as the desired channels are unavailable in their selected pack. When her husband dismisses her plea, she tries calling Tata Sky for a switch. But is unable to complete her selection as she feels conflicted about straining her ‘Rishtedaari’ with her husband thereby compromising on her choice of channels.
Film 3: The brother-in-law – Saleji, asks his Jijo (Gajraj Rao), if he can add his favorite sports channel for just a few days. But his Jiju refuses saying it’s not possible to add or drop channels whenever he asks. Saleji decides to book a Tata Sky connection online. Precisely then he remembers his ‘Rishtedaari’ with his sister and Jijo and compromises on his choice to add or drop his desired channels as he wishes.
Talking about the campaign, Anurag Kumar, Chief Communications Officer, Tata Sky, said, “Tata Sky remains committed to providing subscribers with quality entertainment using easy and simple steps. The ‘No Compromise’ campaign captures the pain that TV viewers across the country are facing today for something as critical as their daily dose of content viewing. Tata Sky is here to resolve the same. With Gajraj Rao’s immense popularity and Ogilvy & Mather’s creativity put to test we are glad we could deliver a campaign that addresses this pain in a humorous yet relatable manner.”
Speaking on the new campaign, Sukesh Nayak, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy Mather, said, “A compromise in relationships is inevitable. This campaign humorously depicts the compromise one must make in relationships. Luckily for majority of customers out there, who are un related parties, they can just switch to Tata Sky and watch their entertainment with #NoSamjhauta."
With an aim to connect with the viewers and address all relevant concerns, the campaign is a 360-degree campaign which includes outdoor, digital and TVCs. To further build awareness and connect with people across the country, Tata Sky has created the advertisement in 8 different languages which includes Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, Telegu, Malyalam and Tamil.
The #BuraNaManoDiscountHai campaign, created by Publicis, encourages people to buy new clothes and look their best for Holi by availing their discount offers
For years, we have saved our old clothes so that we can wear them to celebrate Holi before finally discarding them. Future Group’s retail fashion discount chain BrandFactory has launched a new campaign for Holi that aims at breaking this stereotypical habit. The brand has announced huge discounts to up to 70% this Holi with their #BuraNaManoDiscountHai campaign. The campaign messaging encourages people to buy and wear new clothes on Holi by making use of the massive discounts on offer. It also borrows from movies wherein the actors are shown celebrating Holi wearing new clothes without caring about their clothes being drenched with water and colours.
It is definitely an unusual campaign as it challenges the norm yet remains in touch with the essence of Holi. At the same time, the campaign is a nod to the current social media trend where one wants to look their best, yet enjoy the festival at its fullest. Brand Factory will provide a spectacular chance for everyone to do so, by providing them unbelievable offers on all brands associated with them, such as, Vero Moda, Pepe Jeans, Wills Lifestyle, Wrangler, Giny & Jony, Arrow, and many more! This impressive campaign that is ‘hatke’ stays true to Brand Factory’s roots by pursuing a route that any other brand would’ve stayed away from.
Roch D’Souza, Chief Marketing Officer, Brand Factory said, “Holi traditionally has been the only festival where we wear old clothes. We took that as an insight and wanted to encourage everyone to wear new clothes. Brandfactory plays the perfect enabler since we are the only fashion destination that’s on discount 365 days. The film stays true to our space of being quirky and delivering the message in an interesting narrative.”
The digital campaign is launched via a film which showcases a prisoner who is all set to come out of the jail after years. He is gifted new clothes which he wears and turns to set out free. He then insists to stay at the prison, afraid he will spoil his new clothes because of Holi. The jailer informs him that he can avail huge discounts on clothes for 365 days by shopping from Brand Factory. The prisoner then happily leaves from the jail in the heroic manner and enjoys getting sprayed with colours. The ad is created by Publicis.
Ramakrishnan Hariharan, Head of Creative, Publicis Ambience, commented, “At the onset we knew there would be a barrage of colourful ads during Holi, so we decided to make something that stands out. Much needed in this age of mega-clutter. Also, Holi is revealed only much later in the film, in a thoughtfully crafted suspense narrative, so the audience remains intrigued throughout. It was pure fun working on this one. Grateful to all who made this happen.”
NEONS OOH Conference 2019: Rakesh Kaul, President-Consumer Business & CEO- Evok Retail, HSIL Ltd., delivered the valedictory and jury chair address
Rakesh Kaul, President-Consumer Business & CEO- Evok Retail, HSIL Ltd., delivered the valedictory and jury chair address at the NEONS OOH Conference and Awards 2019 held in Delhi on March 8, 2019.
Kaul opened the session stating that marketers and owners of brands need to be much more vigilant and open to OOH. “In the future, OOH is not just going to be a peripheral marketing plan of a marketing manager, but it will be integrated into the original marketing plan. There are so much of clogs on analogue and digital devices today, but OOH is a medium where if you have the right creativity, you can put out the sense of the brand purpose very clearly. It is a medium that marketers use frequently. It makes the product proposition communication active,” he said.
In India, marketers have been taking the OOH medium seriously over the last two years and integrating it not just as a peripheral part of marketing but making it integral as an overall marketing plan. The marketing industry is trying to include new innovative ways to advertise on the medium, he said. “I am happy to see that the OOH industry is getting more organised. The marketing industry and brands need to take a look at this medium much more seriously,” Kaul added.
Kaul also spoke about the jury meet for the NEONS OOH Awards held on February 28. According to him, he was pleasantly surprised with the kind of work he witnessed and the amount of creativity that was put into making those campaigns.
“While the entries had put out the thought process, much of it was about the impact and the kind of numbers they would have delivered while delivering these outdoor promotions. They worked with the brand and agency together and some of these categories were really eye-opening. I call this activation of the brand. It is the conventional mode of communication for a brand to communicate with the consumer.”
“That day at the jury meet, I realised that OOH is a one-glance medium that can bring about the sense of the brand in a very brilliant manner and carries the message to the consumer strongly. Some of the work done by the winners was incredibly brilliant in terms of making the OOH very experiential,” Kaul said.
Kaul said, “We debated a lot. We realised that some of the categories and nominees were gold worthy. Then, there were categories where we felt they were only worthy of bronze. It was a very thorough and integrated process. I want to thank all the jury members who took out time to make it more transparent and democratic. The thought process was well integrated. One of the awardees actually reviewed our points to check our thought process. The top three (winners) were very close to each other. I would like to thank the NEONS and the BW teams for bringing a brilliant process of nominating and finding winners.”
“For me, the biggest learning from the jury process has been realising the kind of brands and agencies this industry is associated with. We marketers and CEOs should look at this medium much more seriously in the future,” concluded Kaul.
The campaign featured the duo in its latest digital marketing campaign which dropped on March 11
Los Angeles is no stranger to star power. So when it came time to showcase the city’s thriving arts and culture, culinary, sports and hotel scenes to Indian travellers, Los Angeles Tourism looked no further than one of India’s favourite couples, Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja. The destination has featured the duo in its latest digital marketing campaign which dropped on Monday, March 11.
Tapping into Sonam and Anand’s passion for reading, vegan cuisine, the film industry, basketball, art and more, the four-episode campaign shows them visiting the legendary Los Angeles County Museum of Art, experiencing the one-of-a-kind Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood, tasting Chef Esdras Ochoa’s famous vegan tacos at Salazar and vibing at the hot Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
Paid content will run on Facebook and through a partnership with Times of India, while Sonam will also be posting content on her social media accounts.
Los Angeles Tourism began investing in travel trade efforts in India back in 2016 and consumer marketing efforts began in 2017. In 2018, the city welcomed more than 130,000 visitors from India, a 5.1 percent year-over-year increase. On average, Indian travellers spend 8.6 nights in Los Angeles with research indicating sightseeing (95%), shopping (77%) and art galleries & museums (37%) as top preference. The destination aims to grow its share of visitors from India and will undertake continued trade and consumer marketing initiatives throughout 2019 to include thematic familiarization tours, trainings and more.