Zee announces organizational changes; Jagdish Chandra gets lighter workload
Jagdish Chandra will now be handling responsibilities for Zee Rajasthan, Zee Hindustan, Zee Salaam (Urdu) and DNA Jaipur Edition. His designation will continue as CEO Regional News Network
Zee announced a number of significant organizational changes yesterday. The changes come after Jagdish Chandra, CEO of Zee's regional networks, expressed a desire to lighten his load. Chandra had joined Zee in January this year from ETV.
"Jagdish Chandra has expressed his desire to lighten his load of his current responsibilities of all regional news network as well as DNA (all editions) considering the fact that he has been continuously travelling for 20-25 days a month which has been taking a huge toil on his health," the company said in an announcement.
Chandra will now be handling responsibilities for Zee Rajasthan, Zee Hindustan, Zee Salaam (Urdu) and DNA Jaipur Edition.
In addition to the above three channels, he will also look after various business interest of group in Rajasthan, mainly Zee Studio, Solar park, cable and broadband business as well as any other actions that may be required in Rajasthan. He will also continue to assist the Group in any area that may be entrusted to him outside Rajasthan. Chandra will continue to be on the board of ZMCL and DNA while stepping down as CEO of DNA. His designation will continue as CEO Regional News Network with above responsibilities.
In the meantime, till the changes are realigned he will continue to handle the current role and responsibilities for a fortnight.
The following changes are further being made in the roles and responsibilities of regional news network:
1. Uday Nirgudkar in addition to his responsibility of Zee 24 Taas will also be responsible for Zee 24 Kalaak. Deepak Rajani will be reporting into Uday Nirgudkar.
2. Dileep Tiwari in addition to his current responsibility of Zee MP-CG will also be responsible for the new upcoming channel Zee UP-UK.
3. Purushottam Vaishnav will be designated as Editor for Zee Bihar –Jharkhand and will also be responsible for Orissa and West Bengal. Bhibhu Patnaik and Anirban Choudhary will be aligned to Purushottam Vaishnav.
4. Dinesh Sharma who is currently handling Zee PHH will in addition to editorial responsibility also handle the sales for Zee PHH. The sales team for this territory will be aligned to Dinesh Sharma.
5. Manoj Jagyasi and Mr Harjit Singh from Zee Unimedia will continue to be responsible for the sales of other regional channels in addition to handling sales for channels being handled directly by Mr Jagdish Chandra.
6. Dwaiyapan Bose, Editor in Chief of DNA will be reporting to Sudhir Choudhary while Anurag Bhatnagar and Kamal Dhingra will be in the interim responsible for Sales and all other functions of DNA respectively.
For more updates, be socially connected with us on
7. Resident Editor of DNA Jaipur Edition will report into Jagdeesh Chandra.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube