Mastiii is going to be like an ‘electronic radio’: Markand Adhikari
Preparations are on full swing at Sri Adhikari Brothers for the launch of their new music and entertainment channel Mastiii, which is expected in the next couple of days. In an exclusive conversation with exchange4media, Markand Adhikari, MD & Vice-Chairman, Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Ltd, shares more on Mastiii, the content line-up and the team.
Preparations are on full swing at Sri Adhikari Brothers for the launch of their new music and entertainment channel Mastiii, which is expected in the next couple of days. The channel is currently sorting out its distribution and conducting test runs at various places. Mastiii will offer a mix of Hindi music and various comedy formats such as gags, jokes, spoofs, and so on.
Unlike other music channels, Mastiii will not have half-hour or hourly shows, but will focus on delivering music throughout the day. A couple of songs will be followed by a comedy act of a minute to a minute and a half duration after which the songs will resume.
In an exclusive conversation with exchange4media, Markand Adhikari, MD & Vice-Chairman, Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network Ltd, said, “We want to position this channel as an ‘electronic radio’, where people can tune in any time of the day. 85 per cent of the channel’s content will be music, while the remaining 15 per cent will be comedy. The channel has roped in popular comedy artists such as Raju Srivastava, Sunil Pal and Suresh Menon, among others, for its comedy slots.”
The channel has created different time bands during which certain type of music would be played. For example, the channel will play romantic and soft music in the afternoon as well as late in the night.
On why the name Mastiii, Adhikari said, “We are targeting it as a fun channel, it is a mix of comedy and music. That’s why ‘Mastiii’. It is targeted at the youth and an audience that loves fun and comedy. We were lucky to have found the name Mastiii. Such a good name was left untouched.”
Talking about the content, he further said, “Our funda is very clear. It is comedy and music – 24 hours music and 24 hours comedy. In my channel, at any given time you will see music and comedy.”
All the production of the channel has been done in-house and the channel has a team of around 100 people. Anita Verma, who was working with Adhikari, in SAB will head programming at Mastiii, while Hitesh Nathani will head marketing for the channel. Hari Narayan is Head of Operations.
Adhikari is quite upbeat about the new channel and asserted, “We have comedy and music on 24 hours. There is no other channel that offers comedy and music 24 hours, and that is my novelty.”
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube