Balaji Telefilms Q3 Results: Net profit stands at Rs 12 crore
Q3 FY 19 EBITDA is at Rs 13.2 crore, which is 3.5x growth over Q2 FY19 EBITDA of Rs 3.8 crore
Published - 13-February-2019
Balaji Telefilms Limited has announced its financial results for the third quarter ended on 31st December 2018.
For the television and movie production (standalone business), the company’s Q3 FY 19 Revenue from Operations stood at at Rs 111.5 crore, comprising of Rs 103.8 crore from content production and Rs 7.7 crore from movies. 9M FY 19 Revenues from Operations stood at Rs 358.2 crore – Rs 260.1 crore from content production and Rs 98.1 crore from movies.
Gross Margins for Standalone business stood at 23%. TV margins this quarter has improved 27% on account of better operating efficiencies and cost control as shows launched in Q1 have turned profitable, the company stated.
Q3 FY 19 EBITDA is at Rs 13.2 crore – which is 3.5x growth over Q2 FY19 EBITDA of Rs 3.8cr. 9M FY19 EBITDA stood at Rs 16.1 crore.
Net profit after tax was at Rs 12 crore for the quarter and Rs 17.9 cr for 9m FY19
Total value of investments in mutual funds across the company as on 31st December 2018 was at Rs 323 crore.
Other Highlights of Q3 FY 19
- 2018 has been a stellar year for Balaji Telefilms on Television delivering hit after hit – 16% market share in Prime Time Ratings, this is more than 2X of its nearest competing production house and more than Production House ranked 2nd and 3rd combined.
- 3 out of the Top 5 shows for the entire year including the #1 Weekend Show and #1 and #2 Daily Shows were produced by Balaji Telefilms.
- 27% QoQ improvement in Gross margins, in the TV content business, driven by improved execution during the quarter
- In the OTT space, - ALTBalaji ranked No.3 in the list of Top Video Streaming Apps by Consumer Spend (Subscription) for 2018. (Source: App Annie State of Mobile Report 2019)
- ALTBalaji’s subscribers base was at 13.1m vs 8.9m last reported. Monthly active users stood at 4.6m vs 2.3m
For more updates, be socially connected with us on
Talking about the results, Shobha Kapoor, Managing Director, Balaji Telefilms Limited, said, “We are pleased to announce another strong performance this quarter, highlighted improving margins that has cemented our place as a leader in the Indian media industry. Our in-house content gives us the ability to create strong franchises, nurture new talent and ultimately give consumers the best possible entertainment choices, hence making it a value proposition for our investors and stakeholders.”
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube