TOI’s process management strategy to be presented at WAN-IFRA meet
The Times of India’s strategy for process improvement using Continuous Improvement Groups (CIGs) will be presented at the WAN-IFRA India 2011 Conference, which is being held in Chennai on September 6-8.
Published - Aug 12, 2011 9:08 AM Updated: Aug 12, 2011 9:08 AM
The Times of India’s strategy for process improvement using Continuous Improvement Groups (CIGs) will be presented at the WAN-IFRA India 2011 Conference.
The best practice example of process improvement - how The Times of India adopted the methodology of SPC (Statistical Process Control) and Continuous Improvement Groups (CIGs) across all locations to examine Quality, Newsprint, Spares, Consumables cost & Utility will be examined at the Printing Summit Session of WAN-IFRA India 2011 Conference, to be held in Chennai on September 6-8, 2011.
Kiran Prabhu and Tonyraj R of The Times of India will share their experiences and their further plans to take projects with the Six Sigma method in this session that will look into some of the best practice examples from India and abroad on efficient process management.
WAN-IFRA India 2011 is the 19th annual conference of WAN-IFRA in South Asia and it will be accompanied by WAN-IFRA India Expo, the second largest expo in the world for trends and practices in newspaper printing and publishing industry.
For the first time, the event will offer simultaneous translation of the conference session from English to Hindi.
Other speakers in the Printing Summit include (In the order of appearance):
- C V Singh, Chairman, IESEM, Former Vice President, Tata Motors, India
- RD Bhatnagar, CTO, DB Corp Ltd., India
- Thomas Unterberger, Chief Operating Officer, Herold Druck and Verlag AG, Austria
- Guido Moch, Printing Manager Administration and Deputy Technical Director, Mannheimer Morgen, Germany
- K. Krishnan, VP Production, The Hindu, India
- Santhosh Babu, Director, ODAlternatives Pvt. Ltd., India
- Peter Kuisle, Executive Vice President-Sales & Product Marketing, Manroland Group, Germany
- Thomas Wiederkehr, Managing Director, IE Graphic Engineering, Switzerland
- PT Bhasi, Deputy General Manager-Maintenance & Production, The Mathrubhumi, India
- M B S Nair, Sr. President, Emami Paper Mills Ltd, India
- Manfred Werfel, Deputy CEO, WAN-IFRA, Germany
- Anand Srinivasan, WAN-IFRA RMTC, India
- CK Gan, Director, Newspaper Segment, Kodak Graphics Communications Group
- Punitha Arumugam, CEO, Madison Communications Pvt. Ltd., India
- Sunil Rajshekhar, Director, Times of India Group and CEO, Times VPL Ltd., India
WAN-IFRA India 2011 features three parallel conference programmes - a) Printing Summit b) Newsroom Summit, and c) Crossmedia Advertising Summit.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube