Nokia serves first slice of Android™ 9 Pie on Nokia 7 plus
Fans will start receiving Android 9 Pie on their Nokia 7 plus today
HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has announced the roll out of Android 9 Pie on the Nokia 7 plus phone. Fans will start receiving Android 9 Pie on their Nokia 7 plus today.
Packed with Google’s intuitive software, and only the most essential apps loaded, the Nokia 7 plus serves Android 9 Pie with no bloatware, skins UI changes or hidden processes that eat up your battery life. This upgrade builds upon the strong features of Android 8.0 Oreo™, and focuses on a more tailored experience with emphasis on AI, machine learning and digital wellbeing.
The Nokia 7 plus powered by Android 9 Pie will have advances in machine learning and AI features, such as Adaptive Battery and App Actions, which will ensure smarter resourcing of power and processing and accelerate smartphone functionality.
Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global said, “We constantly strive to deliver on our promise of offering pure, secure, up-to-date Android on Nokia smartphones. Today, we are extremely delighted to start the roll out of Android 9 Pie on Nokia 7 plus – making us among the first to offer the latest innovations from Google, including Android One exclusive features such as App Notifications, to the value flagship tier.”
As part of the Android One family, the Nokia 7 plus will introduce App Actions – a new feature unique to Android One devices and Google Pixel phones running Android 9 Pie. App Actions learns more about your daily usage and assists you with your everyday tasks. Nokia 7 plus will predict and recommend next action at the moment it’s needed the most – whether it’s business, music or lifestyle.
As well as smart technology advances, from fall 2018, the new update will come with added Digital Wellbeing features to help encourage breaks from screen time. New functionalities include highlighting device time on your Dashboard, the ability to set time limits for app usage and Wind Down Mode which fades your phone to grayscale and activates Do Not Disturb at a predetermined time in the evening. Nokia smartphones have long encouraged digital downtime with the inclusion of Nokia 3310 and 8110 to the range supporting time off from scrolling.
Key features of Android 9 Pie:
- App actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritise battery power on important apps
- Adaptive brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube