WPP Chief's 10 key takeaways from the dynamic media landscape
Sir Martin Sorrell lists shift in the centre of power, rise of the web, globalisation, proximity retail, & social responsibility, among others, as important developments in the industry
The 10th edition of exchange4media Group’s flagship conference – exchange4media Conclave, presented by NewsX, saw Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO, WPP highlight the 10 key developments and observations on the dynamic media landscape.
1. The centre of power (economic, political and social) and influence is shifting from the West to not just the East, but South and South-East as well, with Africa and the Middle East presenting a big opportunity.
2. The growing paradox with availability of over-capacity and constraints on human capital in the commercial sector.
3. The rise of the web, where spends on digital is growing. Moreover, digital is challenging the traditional media landscape.
4. Proximity retail will be the next big thing in retailing, replacing the traditional modes.
5. Globalisation or centralisation is very important. Moreover, internal communication, which serves to motivate people and is often undermined, needs to be brought to the fore.
6. The correct way to build long-term brands is the acceptance of social responsibility.
7. Facebook is a branding medium, but not an advertising medium.
8. Investment in communication services in not a cost, but an investment.
9. Government remains a big client for advertising and communication agencies.
10. The POG (Publicis Omnicom Group) structure will not last, and will be changed soon.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube