Ola lists ‘10 steps for a safer ride’
The new campaign, targeted at both customers and driver-partners, emphasizes the importance of a collective responsibility from all stakeholders
Having resumed operations in 100+ Green and Orange labelled cities, Ola has unveiled its new safety initiative ‘10 steps to a Safer Ride’ last week.
Targeted at both customers and driver-partners, the new campaign emphasizes the importance of a collective responsibility from all stakeholders to ensure a safe and hygienic cab ride experience.
Strengthening Ola’s efforts to provide convenient and reliable to customers, this initiative further reiterates Ola’s safety-first and community-focused approach as services are made available across the country.
With this campaign, Ola is mobilizing support as well as fostering solidarity across communities to play a part in curbing the spread of COVID-19.
The company has mandated driver-partners and customers to follow 5 precautionary steps each, encouraging them to practise social distancing, sanitization measures and personal hygiene etiquette at all times.
1. No travel in red zones: Vehicles will not operate to and from Government identified red or containment zones.
2. Selfie-authentication of drivers: All driver-partners are required to wear masks and need to authenticate this before the start of every ride by sharing a selfie through their partner app.
3. Equipped with hygiene kits: Driver-partners will be provided with masks, sanitizers and disinfectants and can avail these at all walk-in centres across their cities.
4. Cars to be cleaned regularly: Common surfaces like the handle, inner handle and seat to be cleaned before every ride.
5. Flexible cancellations: Drivers and customers are being given the option of cancelling a ride if the other is not wearing a mask to ensure their own safety as well that of subsequent users.
1. Wearing a mask is compulsory: All customers boarding the cab need to wear masks and should sanitize before and after every ride.
2. AC to be switched off: To avoid re-circulation of air, the AC will be switched off and windows will be kept open during all rides.
3. Two passengers per car: Only two passengers per ride will be allowed in the cab. They will also be urged to sit by the windows on the rear of the car.
4. Load and unload luggage themselves: To help maintain social distancing, customers are urged to load and unload luggage themselves.
5. Cashless payments: Customers are encouraged to make cashless payments for the rides to avoid any unnecessary contact.
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube