Media ACE Awards jury meet: ‘We used the data plus innovation approach to give awards’
A grand jury of 16 marketers led by Marzin R Shroff, MD & CEO, Eureka Forbes, meets to decide the most deserving agencies and agency heads
It was a day of rain, deliberations, intense debate and decisions at the fifth edition of exchange4media’s Media ACE Awards 2019 jury meet. The awards recognise Indian media agencies and their people for their work and contribution to the advertising industry. The jury comprised 16 eminent marketing personalities and was chaired by Marzin R Shroff, MD & CEO, Eureka Forbes.
The day-long meet saw the jury members put their heads together to decide the best of the best in the industry. The awards are broadly divided into two main categories - Agency Awards and People Awards. The sub categories for the Agency Awards are: Network of the Year, Agency of the Year, Digital Agency of the Year, Best Regional Office, Specialized Unit of the Year and Specialized Agency of the Year. The Peoples Awards sub categories are: Network Head of the Year, Agency Head of the Year, Digital Agency Head of the Year, Unit Head of the Year, Client Lead of the Year and Rising Star of the Year.
The voting process was simple and straightforward. The jury members scored agencies and people on the basis of the judgement criteria that was set. The scores were given post long deliberations over presentations and creatives. The achievements and the body of work were discussed in great detail. Innovative campaigns, transparency, agency culture, achievements, and accounts won & lost were taken into account during the decision making process. While some categories saw clear winners, some were close calls that often saw the jury break into passionate discussions to ensure that the award for excellence goes to those who truly deserve it.
After a day that was filled with equally tense and light-hearted moments, the fate of the nominees was sealed. Speaking about the jury meet, Marzin Shroff said, “It was a long session. We went on for over seven hours. We put in a lot of hard work. There were a lot of quality inputs from people, especially in the Rising Star category. We saw a lot of interesting entries. It is very heartening to see youth coming up in this industry and the attraction of the right quality of talent into the industry.”
“It’s been a rewarding day. It’s also been a fantastic day in terms of the overall jury. It’s been balanced and open to innovation, open to seeing data. We combined the approach of data plus innovation to give the awards.”
The winners of the Media Ace Awards will be announced on August 6, 2019.
The jury comprised:
1. Ajay Dang , Joint Exec President & Head – Marketing - Aditya Birla Ultratech
2. Anirban Mukhuti, Head Marketing – Gyproc Saint-Gobain
3. Anuj Arora, Head Marketing – Welspun India
4. Arvind R P, Director - Marketing & Communications – McDonalds
5. Ashish Ohlyan, Head of Marketing & NPD - Cholayil Pvt. Ltd. (Medimix)
6. Bidisha Nagaraj, Chief Marketing Officer - Schneider Electric, India
7. Deepali Naair,Director Marketing - IBM, India & South Asia
8. Girish Hingorani, Senior General Manager, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce - Blue Star Limited
9. Hitesh Malhotra,Chief Marketing Officer – Nykaa
10. Minal Srivastava, Vice President, Growth, Strategy & Marketing - Shalimar Paints
11. Roshni Das,Marketing Director - Intel India
12. Sharad Somani,Head - Marketing South Asia & IndoChina - Western Union
13. Srinivas Rao, Senior Vice President – Marketing - Lifestyle International
14. Samyukta Ganesh Iyer, Head of Marketing - Baskin Robbins India
15. Sapna Desai, Head Marketing & Communications - ManipalCigna Health Insurance
16. Chetan Mahajan, CEO & Founder – The MavericksFor more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube