6 reasons why you mustn’t miss impact Person of the Year 2010...
With just a few hours left for the unveiling of the impact Person of the Year 2010, the industry is waiting with bated breath. The impact Person of the Year 2010 is presented by Jagran. The Indian media and communications industry’s most awaited event, iPOY is attended by the who’s who of the industry, and for those who are in two minds about attending, exchange4media lists no less than six reasons for not missing the celebrations…
Published - Dec 16, 2010 8:35 AM Updated: Dec 16, 2010 8:35 AM
The Indian media and communications industry saw one of its most competitive and trying years in 2010. Coming out of a grave slowdown, every step differentiated the men from the boys. There were many in the year gone past, whose resilience and determination benefited not just their businesses and their companies, but the industry at large. And the fraternity is quick to recognise the achievements of these individuals because it is names such as these that define the communication agenda. This year, there was not one name, not two names, but 10 names that the industry picked of such individuals, and then from these emerges one, who is crowned the impact Person of the Year (iPOY)... the first among equals. The impact Person of the Year 2010 is presented by Jagran.
Why are we telling you this? To ensure that you do not miss the single most happening night for the media industry. And if you have attended even one impact Person of the Year Award ceremony, you don’t need to hear this from us – you already know that this night is to be with friends and rejoice in the success of a colleague, whom in all likelihood you have voted for. But if you have not yet attended impact Person of the Year, here are six reasons why you should keep December 16, 2010 blank – and be in Mumbai.
1. The impact Person of the Year is a much sought after accolade for the industry professionals. Weeks back, industry leaders were called and were asked for the names of individuals whom they would choose as their impact Person of the Year. And then they wait for this big night, when they discover whether the person they voted for won.
2. Needless to say, this is the hottest event of the year. The stage, as they say, is set, and the evening is geared towards that memorable moment, when industry CEOs, biggies and all the people who matter gather to applaud this winning individual.
3. And we pack in a whole set of happenings for you, so it is not just impact Person of the Year. We will also unveil the exchange4media India’s Top Spenders and Billings Report 2010. And the best of Bharat Kapadia’s KMT... and above all...
4. Yes, we are enjoying breaking this to you... The New Look impact. After six years, your favourite marketing, media and advertising weekly, impact, is going through a complete overhaul to bring to you the best of the news, in the best of forms. One we think you would truly enjoy in terms of reading and consuming your weekly dose of the developments of the space that matter… Not to mention that the global biggies and the big reports would continue in the smart presentation format, but more importantly, in a look that would make every page worth spending time on.
5. Your fifth reason is the networking. Over the years, some industry fellow-beings have become iPOY friends, people who catch up with each other at this time of the year. It’s the place to meet and we know from you, that this is the place where there are some people who meet just here.
6. And finally, to feel sad for those who missed it. There are some genuine ones also – those who aren’t in the city, some who don’t make it to the invitation list (some who cry about it, some don’t)…
This is our attempt to ensure that you won’t be someone people would feel sad for. Be there. On a very serious note, this is the event that has no agenda, no funda, no gyaan – just the spirit of brotherhood where even the worst of rivals drop all grudges and applaud. In any story, after all, there is only one Winner. This is the spirit of celebrating that Winner.
For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube