Amway India celebrates World Health Day
Amway organises free health check-up camps for the underprivileged children of Swami Brahmanand Pratishthan
Published - Apr 9, 2019 1:49 PM Updated: Apr 9, 2019 1:49 PM
With the primary objective of providing quality healthcare to the underprivileged children, Amway India, the country’s largest FMCG Direct Selling company, organised free health check-up camps in 14 locations across the country. Commemorating the World Health Day, this initiative also included an interactive and educational session with the aim to improve the nutritional knowledge and practices inclusive of hygiene practices and daily dietary requirement.
In Navi Mumbai, Amway India organised a health check-up camp for the children of Swami Brahmanand Pratishthan. The medical check-up team comprising of General, ENT and Skin specialists provided important health-related information and recommendations to the children. The event witnessed active participation from 50 children who attended to assess their health status.
While stressing the importance of observing World Health Day, Vijay Golani, Vice President – West, Amway India said, “As part of Amway’s CSR philosophy of helping people live better lives, our initiative for the World Health Day is focused at improving the quality of life of children and the community at large. Through this initiative, we emphasise on building awareness on preventive healthcare practices to ensure healthy living. We have received an overwhelming response for the initiative, which has benefited over 1000 children across the country. We are confident that this kind of planned and continuous health interventions will further complement the Government’s efforts towards building a healthier nation.”
“The World Health Day is held to mark the importance of health for all. The day is focused on promoting healthier living habits that increase the life expectancy of people around the world. We wholeheartedly thank Amway for organizing this health check-up camp and also for the health & nutrition awareness session,” commented Shirish Pujari, Secretary, Swami Brahmanand Pratishthan.
Keeping up with its commitment to help people live better lives, Amway launched Project Sunrise in India to support underprivileged children. The company works with 16 NGO partners under Project Sunrise in the areas of education, health, and hygiene for the welfare of the children.
In line with their vision, Amway had also launched Power of 5 campaign to raise awareness on the issue of childhood malnutrition and bring in the much-needed behavioural shift in mothers and communities at large. Amway India, with its health initiatives, aims to make a positive impact in the lives of people.
Amway India CSR initiatives
• Amway India’s CSR initiatives are based on the belief that social responsibility is much more than the incurrence of a cost or a resource or a charitable/ philanthropic act of social benefit. It is an opportunity to bring in social innovation and change. This belief is articulated in Amway’s vision of helping people live better lives. When it comes to commitment to corporate citizenship, Amway India makes a serious and concentrated effort to reach out and help people improve their lives.
• Amway India supports a comprehensive CSR programme covering a gamut of initiatives including a water conservation project to improve the ground water level in 7 villages in the Dindigul district located around the manufacturing plant. Amway supports a village health program targeted at 26 villages in the Dindigul district, to provide quality healthcare to the underprivileged. The treatment includes general health check-up, select pathological tests and medicines at zero cost to the beneficiaries. In a span of over 20 months over 240 free health camps have been organised benefitting more than 50,000 people from local communities.
• Amway India set up a telemedicine center in the Dindigul district to ensure a consistent healthcare support to the villagers. This program has eliminated distance barriers and improved access to medical services in distant rural communities. The center aims at providing free medical treatment to over 7,000 patients in a year.
• Last year Amway India launched a Community Health & Entrepreneurship Program in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to offer livelihood training in Entrepreneurship skills and business fundamentals with the objective to promote self-employment among women and to create awareness on affordable health and hygiene practices.
• Recently Amway India has launched the community-based nutrition education program to improve the nutritional status among children (below 5 years) in the select slum areas of West Delhi. The program focuses on prevention, early detection and improved access to care in line with the National Nutrition Mission, Govt. of India.
• As a key focus area, Amway has taken various initiatives to support the cause of visually impaired. Amway also supports underprivileged children in education, health and hygiene under a project titled ‘Sunrise’. Under this project, Amway currently supports more than 15 NGOs across the country.
• Amway India has been conferred with the ‘CSR Leadership Summit & Award’ in the category of ‘Promoting Employment for Specially-abled’.
• Amway India was also recently awarded with the ‘Best Corporate’ award in the ‘Specially-abled’ category at the prestigious National CSR Summit & Awards 2018 for its invaluable contribution towards the welfare of visually impaired by CSR Times.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube