Purpose works when it is a core value of your brand: Bharat Avalani, Connecting Dots
Bharat Avalani of Connecting Dots Consultancy shares his experiences from Cannes Lions 2019
Published - Jul 3, 2019 3:44 PM Updated: Jul 3, 2019 3:44 PM
Bharat Avalani of Connecting Dots Consultancy has shared with exchange4media his experiences from Cannes Lions 2019.
Here are my 5 nuggets from the 66th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity:
• Brands are going to be left behind if they don’t have purpose. 91 per cent of millennials would switch brands for one which champions a cause. What’s more, 64 per cent of global consumers say they choose brands because of their stand on social issues. The trouble is, not all brands are getting it right.
• Purpose works when it is a core value of your brand. Purpose and authenticity go hand in hand.
• Speakers who engaged well were the ones who lit up the stage by showing their character and by putting more humanity in their marketing.
• Authenticity resonates with consumers and besides, less polished is faster, easier and cheaper. People have an aversion to ads that look like ads. £18.3 billion is spent on advertising and marketing every year. 4% is remembered positively, 7% is remembered negatively. 89% isn’t noticed or remembered.
• A brand today doesn’t belong to the company. The definition of a brand has changed. A brand is now owned by the community, it is owned by the consumer. They demand brands on their terms.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube