Purpose works when it is a core value of your brand: Bharat Avalani, Connecting Dots
Bharat Avalani of Connecting Dots Consultancy shares his experiences from Cannes Lions 2019
Bharat Avalani of Connecting Dots Consultancy has shared with exchange4media his experiences from Cannes Lions 2019.
Here are my 5 nuggets from the 66th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity:
• Brands are going to be left behind if they don’t have purpose. 91 per cent of millennials would switch brands for one which champions a cause. What’s more, 64 per cent of global consumers say they choose brands because of their stand on social issues. The trouble is, not all brands are getting it right.
• Purpose works when it is a core value of your brand. Purpose and authenticity go hand in hand.
• Speakers who engaged well were the ones who lit up the stage by showing their character and by putting more humanity in their marketing.
• Authenticity resonates with consumers and besides, less polished is faster, easier and cheaper. People have an aversion to ads that look like ads. £18.3 billion is spent on advertising and marketing every year. 4% is remembered positively, 7% is remembered negatively. 89% isn’t noticed or remembered.
• A brand today doesn’t belong to the company. The definition of a brand has changed. A brand is now owned by the community, it is owned by the consumer. They demand brands on their terms.
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube