Uday Shankar is ‘Best CEO – MNC’ for 2015 at Forbes India Leadership Awards
Adi Godrej and R S Sodhi receive ‘Conscious Capitalist Company for the Year award’ shared by Godrej Consumer Products Ltd and Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul); R C Bhargava of Maruti-Suzuki honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award
Uday Shankar, CEO of Star India was adjudged Best CEO of a Multi National Company for 2015 at the Forbes India Leadership Awards presented in Mumbai on Wednesday. Other prominent winners wereAdi Godrej, Chairman of the Godrej Group and R S Sodhi, MD of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul) who received the ‘Conscious Capitalist Company for the Year Award’ shared this year by Godrej Consumer Products Ltd and GCMMF; while R C Bhargava of Maruti-Suzuki received a Lifetime Achievement Award.
“You should keep doing the right thing and not be intimidated by competition, because as a journalist you realize everybody makes as many mistakes,” Uday Shankar said, when asked about the learning he brings to his current role from his earlier days as a journalist, while receiving the award.
The jury for the awards was headed by Harsh Mariwala, chairman of Marico Ltd, and included Naina Lal Kidwai, chairman, HSBC India and director, HSBC Asia Pacific; Manish Sabharwal, co-founder and chairman of TeamLease Services; Noshir Kaka, managing director of McKinsey India; Sanjay Nayar, CEO of KKR India; and Akhil Gupta, former senior managing director and chairman of Blackstone India.
Entrepreneurial capitalism and the insight that entrepreneurs need to follow the rules while creating value for all stakeholders were behind the choice of outstanding leaders for the Forbes India Leadership Awards. The annual awards recognise transformational leadership across the entrepreneurial firmament, from start-ups and mid-sized firms to the more mature organisations of global scale.
Here is the complete list of winners of the Forbes India Leadership Awards 2015:
1. Outstanding Start-up for the Year: Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati of Ola
2. Nextgen Entrepreneur for the Year: Siddhartha Lal of Eicher Motors Ltd
3. Entrepreneur with Social Impact: Samit Ghosh, Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd
4. Conscious Capitalist Company for the year: Godrej Consumer Products Ltd and Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul)
5. Best CEO – Multinational Company: Uday Shankar, Star India Pvt. Ltd
6. Best CEO - Public Sector: Arundhati Bhattacharya, State Bank of India
7. Best CEO - Private Sector: CP Gurnani, Tech Mahindra Ltd
8. Lifetime Achievement Award for the Year: RC Bhargava of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
9. Entrepreneur for the Year: Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd
The winners: Samit Ghosh of Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd, C P Gurnani of Tech Mahindra Ltd, R S Sodhi of GCMMF, Arundhati Bhattacharya of State Bank of India, Uday Shankar of Star India, R C Bhargava of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd and Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube