KidZania to launch second property in National Capital Region

The edutainment theme park brand to open in NCR in 2016 with partnerships from leading FMCG, Retail and E-Comm brand

e4m by exchange4media Staff
Updated: Oct 13, 2015 12:16 PM
KidZania to launch second property in National Capital Region

KidZania India is set to launch its second facility in Delhi NCR, come early 2016.  India’s first centre, KidZania Mumbai recently completed 24 months of operations, hosting 850,000+ visitors and 36 brand partnerships to date.

KidZania Delhi NCR will be located at the Entertainment City in Noida which is a 147 acre development housing the largest retail and entertainment destination in the region. KidZania Delhi NCR will be a standalone structure across three levels and 97,000sq.ft. 

The KidZania India franchise rights are owned by ImagiNation Edutainment India. Actor, Shah Rukh Khan owns a 26 per cent stake in the company in his personal capacity. The remaining 74 per cent of ImagiNation Edutainment India is owned by Singapore-based KidZ Inc. whose shareholders are Comcraft Group, Xander Group and Maxfield Management Ltd.

Built like a city for children, KidZania, the indoor edutainment theme park aims to make learning fun. Across its 20 facilities globally, KidZania emulates the workings of a real city but built to scale for children with paved roads, battery-operated vehicles, buildings, a functioning economy and its own currency. 

Based on the philosophy of providing real–life experiences, KidZania aims to empower, inspire, motivate and educate children through the 90+ role-playing activities based on replicas of real-world industries and services including, entertainment, airline, automobile, retail, restaurants, factories and other private and public services. Here, children can take on various roles, including that of a pilot, surgeon, detective, chef, candy-maker, fireman, television producer, radio jockey, mechanic and other diverse professions.

Sanjeev Kumar, CEO, KidZania India said, “Coming to the capital city has always been on the cards for us, and working with a diverse group of industry professionals and partners will bring a truly genuine experience to the children. We believe that KidZania Delhi NCR will be home to myriad avenues for the coming generations, opening doors for talent to grow through the path of education and entertainment in an environment that fosters leadership and development.”

With a few months to launch-date, the Delhi NCR facility has already signed up 18 brands to be part of the park.

Key brands from Mumbai that have extended their partnerships for the Delhi NCR facility are Parle (Biscuit Factory), Yes! Bank (ATM and Bank), Toonz Animation (Animation Studio), DHL (Express delivery service), Bajaj Electricals Ltd. (Culinary school and Energy Conservation Hub), Pepperfry (Furniture studio and Lounge), Zespri Kiwifruit (quality control and inspection hub), Shiamak (Dance studio), Big Bazaar (Supermarket), E-Zone (Electronics store), Amity University (University), Kellogg’s Chocos (Cereal factory) and Furtados School of Music (Music School). Brands that have forged new ties with KidZania Delhi NCR include Frooti (Mango drink factory), Kinder Joy (Chocolate factory) and Amiown (Pre-school).

Viraj Jit Singh, Chief Marketing Officer, KidZania India said, “We’ve built great experiences for children and families through KidZania Mumbai and we want to extend the same to people in the capital region. With KidZania Delhi NCR, we hope to reach out to as many children with powerful experiences that help them develop educationally, psychologically and motivationally. Our brand partnerships will aid in providing authentic experiences which will pave the way for responsible future leaders.”

For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube

Stay updated with the latest news in the Marketing & Advertising sector with our daily newsletter

By clicking Sign Up, I agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.