DB Corp ad revenues grew 5 per cent YOY to Rs 4336 million in unaudited financial results for Q1'FY 2018
Total revenue reported growth of 4% at Rs 6012 million in current period from Rs 5787 million in Q1 last fiscal
DB Corp Limited (DBCL), India’s largest print media company and home to flagship newspapers Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Dainik Divya Marathi and Saurashtra Samachar, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2017. The highlights of the Company’s operational and financial performance are as follows:
- Advertising Revenues reported growth of 5% YOY to Rs. 4336 million in current period from Rs. 4136 million in Q1 of last fiscal, despite high base, continued demonetization impact and pre GST launch impact
- Circulation Revenue has increased YoY 5% to Rs. 1234 million from Rs. 1176 million, primarily due to yield driven growth
- Total Revenue reported growth of 4% at Rs. 6012 million in current period from Rs. 5787 million in Q1 last fiscal
- EBIDTA grew by more than 4% YOY at Rs. 1933 million with strong EBIDTA margin of 32% for the quarter, against EBITDA of Rs. 1853 million, in Q1 FY 2016, clear impact of cost efficiency measures.
- PAT grew by 6% YOY at Rs. 1101 million (PAT Margin 18.3%), against Rs. 1040 million (PAT Margin 18%), in Q1 of last year
- Radio business: Advertising revenues expanded by 11% YOY to Rs. 312 million in Q1 of current period, against Rs. 281 million in Q1 of last fiscal, despite high base.
- Radio business EBIDTA stands at Rs. 56 million
For more updates, be socially connected with us on
Commenting on the performance for Q1 FY 2017-18, Sudhir Agarwal, Managing Director, DB Corp, said, “We're pleased with overall results in the first quarter in spite of a higher base in the corresponding period of last fiscal which conveys that the DBCL team has been working hard to deliver success. We will continue to rigorously execute our strategy program to further strengthen our innovation power, customer proximity and reader engagement efforts in all markets, as also our internal efficiencies. We have undertaken several strategic growth and expansion initiatives in all markets across print, digital Press Release and radio platforms and the current focus is on ensuring implementation, consolidation and monetisation of these endeavours. We are encouraged by our achievements and excited about the opportunities ahead as we continue to provide valuable platform to bring corporates closer to our readers.”
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube