PhonePe ensures seamless 24*7 service even amidst Coronavirus crisis
PhonePe is working around the clock to ensure that all the services, including customer support & merchant support, continue to run seamlessly 24/7 without any sort of disruption
In order to minimize the risk of a severe, broad-based Covid-19 outbreak in India, all businesses are taking a variety of measures to prevent the spread of infection, and trying to ensure the health and safety of all their employees, their families and the broader societal ecosystem around them.
Given the critical role that PhonePe plays in India’s digital payments ecosystem, it is working around the clock to ensure that all the services, including customer support & merchant support, continue to run seamlessly 24/7 without any sort of disruption. However, there's a need to balance this broader societal responsibility, with the responsibility to protect the health and safety of all employees, contractors and the extended workforce.
Accordingly, PhonePe has taken the following measures to ensure that their services continue to be fully operational 24*7, while keeping the employees safe and out from harm’s way.
Mandatory WFH policy for ALL employees till March 31st:
- On March 12th, 2020, it introduced a mandatory work from home (WFH) policy for all its corporate office employees.
- On March 21st, 2020, it has extended this policy for ALL its employees and ALL its contractors. This means all PhonePe employees, including ~8,500 offline sales agents and ~1500 customer service agents across the country, including all its 3rd-party contract workers, have been mandated to work from home. This decision has been taken to minimize exposure not only to PhonePe employees and their families, but also for the health and safety of the merchant partners they visit.
- Further, PhonePe is committed to paying all its employees and contractor workers, including the entire offline sales agents, their full salaries throughout the WFH policy. This decision has been taken to ensure that none of its employees and their families are adversely impacted, from a financial standpoint, while it fights the scourge of coronavirus over the days and weeks to come.
- This WFH policy is in effect till March 31st for now.We will review the situation next week, and extend the WFH policy if required.
What this means for various stakeholders:
- Customer Service: All its customer service teams across the country are mandatorily working from home, trying to ensure that they respond to customer issues speedily. However, since its call-center facilities have been shut down temporarily, response to call-based enquiries will be delayed. So it requests all customers to log all their questions and concerns via the PhonePe app itself. Just click on the Help (?) icon on the app homepage, follow the menu and lodge your tickets please.
- Merchant Assistance: its offline merchant partners can reach out to its designated merchant helpdesk at email@example.com via the ‘PhonePe for Business’ app 24x7 support for any issues. Additionally, the offline sales team members will be in touch with their associated merchants remotely and will be available on call to get any issues resolved.
- New Hires: All new employees scheduled to join PhonePe this month are being inducted and onboarded remotely.
- Candidate Interviews: All interviews for potential new hires have been moved completely to video conferencing mode since March 12th. It will continue hiring and issuing new job offers during the WFH window.
Steri-fumigation of all PhonePe offices: As a precautionary measure, it has also carried out steri-fumigation treatment for all its office facilities. It is also taking all other precautions in line with the recommendations of the medical fraternity, these include providing information on testing centres/hospitals and isolation wards, equipping people with hand hygiene products, etc.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube