Havas Group is now both data-driven and 100 per cent programmatic
Over 25 per cent of its employees have engaged to become 100 per cent programmatic through a new proprietary training program
Havas Group is now focusing on both data and programmatic, two key pillars of the future of the communications industry. Over 25 per cent of its employees (5,000 out of 20,000) have engaged to become 100 per centprogrammatic through a new proprietary training program that reinforces the ‘together’ strategy and provides an uncommon foundation for all employees.
100 per centprogrammatic is an internal certification program that enables all employees to integrate programmatic with confidence. It provides mastery (through knowledge), autonomy (through hands-on activities), and keys to purpose (through in-house Havas analysis) via a proprietary online learning platform called Havas University.
Alfonso Rodés Vilà, Deputy CEO of Havas Group, Chairman of Havas Group, Spain, and CEO of Havas Media Group, explains, “Our vision is focused on the future. Programmatic is the new reality and whatever our role is, we must understand audiences, addressable content, and personalized messages. Media will essentially become code—ones and zeros—and knowing how to approach this coded data will set us apart from the rest of the industry.”
Andrew Benett, Global CEO, Havas Worldwide and Havas Creative Group, adds, “Programmatic is more than media. It reflects a total change in our industry and has vast implications for creativity as well. We have always used audience data and personalized messaging to drive creative solutions, and now we can do that through automation to achieve scale. It’s just as important for our creative teams to understand this as our media teams.”
Celine Merle-Beral, Chief Human Resources Officer – CHRO, Havas Media Group, states, “The program was built by a very passionate team who shared their expertise to help us step up our game and lead the way. This investment is part of Havas' commitment to our people, their personal development, and our common future.”
100 per centprogrammatic offers employees 8-10 hours of online courses with rich content including texts, videos, interviews, quizzes, and forums, featuring Havas Group staff and technology partners. The training program offers three levels:
- Fundamentals, covering programmatic language and concepts and the impact on both Creative and Media
- Advanced, including day-to-day applications with adapted modules depending on position
- Elite, focusing on strategic vision, programmatic leadership skills for community building, and network development
The impact on employees was real. Participants were surveyed for feedback and the results are overwhelming:
- 96 per cent of participants feel more confident speaking about programmatic
- 97 per cent of participants feel that the content of this course was of greater value than what they can find on the internet
- 97per cent of participants recommend this training to their colleagues
The testimonials below demonstrate the quality and value of this new program:
- "It will personally allow me to become more agile and at ease in front of the client."
- International Account Manager, Havas Media Group Germany
- "I thought it would be more technical from the beginning, but the way programmatic was presented and explained here was smooth and interesting. It was about the stakes of the industry and the profession of trading. Although the topic was scary at first, the chosen point of view is reassuring."
- Consumer Insights Expert, Havas Media Group France
- "Working with retail clients for a long time, this knowledge is very relevant when optimizing and correcting a media plan according to the client's KPI and market trends."
- Digital Planner, Havas Media Group Chile
“The training made it clear to me how Creative can integrate and play with programmatic in many possible ways. It made it clear the role that technology will play in the future of advertising and communicating with audiences.”
- Creative Director, Havas Riverorchid Vietnam
100 per centprogrammatic began with a pilot test of content between May and July for employees at Havas Media Group in 15 countries. The first phase of program rollout occurred in September for employees at both creative and media entities in more than 40 countries. The next phase will be launched in February 2017 to expand its reach and results. Client and partner versions of the Fundamentals and Advanced courses are also now available.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube