Amazon.in launches Storyboxes to take seller stories closer to customers
Amazon Stoyboxes is an India-first innovation to humanise the buyer-seller connect in the digital world
If you shopped during Amazon’s Great Indian Festival, chances have you discovered something unusual on your delivery box. Amazon customers have started receiving their orders in boxes that tell stories- stories of transformation and success of small and medium businesses thriving on Amazon. Amazon India has over half a million sellers on its marketplace and every seller’s journey with Amazon is a unique transformation story. With an intent to highlight some of these inspiring stories to customers, Amazon India today announced the roll-out of its India first packaging innovation– “Amazon Storyboxes”.
The Amazon box is one of the most widely distributed and recognizable brand asset for sellers and customers alike. Amazon has used this element to bring sellers to the forefront of their marketplace in India and hence, create a deeper connection with customers. The Storybox features the stories of Amazon sellers who have seen a transformative impact in their lives by selling on the marketplace and are positively impacting the society in a meaningful way, through their businesses. The campaign idea #IAmAmazon stems from the insight that we look for what’s inside the delivered box but are mostly unaware of who is behind these boxes. The Amazon box holds more than just a product; it holds lakhs of inspirational stories of the hopes and aspirations of sellers. With Amazon Storyboxes, the company intends customers to meet sellers with every delivery. Lakhs of customers have received the first set of Amazon Storyboxes when they shopped during the recent Great Indian Festival.
Speaking about the campaign, Gopal Pillai, Vice President, Seller Services, Amazon India, said, “Sellers are a key part of the Amazon flywheel. We have over 5 lakh small businesses, artisans, women entrepreneurs, and emerging brands selling on our marketplace and every Amazon seller has a unique story behind their success. With Storyboxes, we wanted to bring these stories to life. We have showcased 6 seller stories on our boxes till now, and we will soon be scaling this initiative up to bring many more such stories to you. We hope that this initiative will help customers get a glimpse of how they are an integral part of the transformation journeys of lakhs of sellers on Amazon.in.”
Presently, the triumphant stories of six key sellers have been captured on the boxes as part of Storyboxes:
- Rani Ravindran (Ravindran Silk Cotton) represents our sellers from distant parts of the country who have seen success through selling online. A homemaker and mother, Rani sells wooden toys and cotton pillows on Amazon, and she is fondly known as Periyakulam’s first Amazon seller.
- Biswajit Swain (Haastika) represents sellers who work towards creating a sustainable living for artisans of the country. He works to promote the legacy of his hometown in Odisha by working closely with artisans from the state to understand, promote and sell their indigenously produced crafts across the country.
- Vijaya Rajan (SIRIMIRI) is an example of the numerous women entrepreneurs who have built a successful business with the Amazon Saheli program on A.in. Starting with making healthy snacks for her family, Vijaya is now the founder of a successful food brand and sells her products exclusively online on Amazon.
- Ibanshara Shullai (Zizira) works with farmers of Meghalaya to sell their products across India. She has managed to bring authentic Meghalayan ingredients like Lakadong Turmeric and Wildflower Honey to the notice of the rest of the country.
- Abdul Gafoor Khatri (TRADITIONAL ROGANART) put everything into keeping his family’s 300-year-old art heritage alive through his Rogan art painting. A recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri, Abdul has also created an art piece for former US president Barack Obama.
- Ashwin Sokke (WOW Skin Science) has embraced the mantra of ‘listen to your customers’. He is able to connect with customers by learning from Amazon customer reviews and has built a million-dollar consumer beauty brand, WOW!
“The moment I received the Storybox, with my own story on it, my happiness knew no bound. I received many phone calls congratulating me in and around Periyakulam, and also asking me to help them to become an Amazon Seller. This initiative has been truly given me a sense of great self-worth, over and above taking my story to lakhs of households in India. Thank you Amazon,” said Rani Ravindran, Ravindran Silk Cotton.
Manish Chowdhary, co-founder, WOW Skin Science, associated with Amazon since 2014, also mentioned, “We cannot appreciate this enough and take great pride in stating that “We are a brand born on Amazon”. Amazon has been the platform that has helped us succeed in the beauty and wellness markets in India and the US. Storyboxes is that unique initiative that helps customer-focused beauty brands like us to connect with our buyers in real terms. While we have the option of interacting with our customers through the reviews, there was no way they could know about what goes behind the scenes of a brand like us. While bringing our brand closer to the customer, I also hope that Amazon Storyboxes and my story will inspire many more entrepreneurs to follow their passion and connect with their customers. They will be motivated to eventually come online and transform their businesses with Amazon, the way WOW Skin Science did.”
The StoryBoxes also have a first-of-its-kind interactive feature that enables customers to directly scan the seller face on the box and land on a dedicated microsite (www.amazon.in/storyboxes) that hosts many more stories. The entire face illustration is a scannable asset (created from QR code elements) that has been created specifically for this campaign. Customers can read the seller stories on the box or scan the image/ use the storyboxes url to explore multiple other stories. The microsite also hosts an exciting contest for customers who have received Storyboxes this festive season.
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube