US elections remain key topic for discussion as 9.3 mn Indians generate over 40 million likes, posts and comments
Between March 23, 2015, and November 1, 2016, 289 million people around the world generated 10 billion likes, posts, comments and shares related to the US election
Published - Nov 10, 2016 9:54 AM Updated: Nov 10, 2016 9:54 AM
With America’s Presidential elections being widely discussed and debated, Facebook has released data that details the conversations and interactions that were generated on the platform around the elections. As per the data, between March 23, 2015, and November 1, 2016, 289 million people around the world generated 10 billion likes, posts, comments and shares related to the US election.
With regard to India in particular, over 9.3 million people on Facebook across the country generated over 40 million likes, posts, comments and shares related to the US election.
The race for the 2016 Presidential election was a huge point of global conversation even in 2015. From campaign announcements to debate performances, the candidates made headlines throughout the year.
People turned to Facebook to talk about the issues, discover news and information, and engage with the politicians vying for the presidency.
Here are the top 10 moments of the campaign on Facebook:
· The second presidential debate on October 9.
· The release of the Access Hollywood tape.
· The first presidential debate on September 26.
· The third presidential debate on October 19.
· The Democratic Convention.
· FBI Director Comey reopens investigation into Clinton emails.
· The Republican Convention.
· The Vice Presidential Debate on October 4.
· Trump criticizes the Khan family after the Democratic Convention.
· Super Tuesday on March 1.
Top Facebook content from each of the presidential campaigns:
Here are some details of the US and the twenty countries outside the US in which the largest number of people have engaged in the conversation about the US election. India features among the top ten in the ranking:
For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube