Dish TV India Limited reported first quarter fiscal 2016 consolidated operating revenues of Rs. 7,367 million, up 19.2% Y-o-Y and subscription revenues of Rs. 6,828 million, up 20.6% Y-o-Y. EBITDA for the quarter stood at Rs. 2,368 million compared to Rs. 1,565 million in the corresponding quarter last fiscal. EBITDA margin recorded at 32.1% compared to 25.3% in the corresponding quarter last fiscal. Profit after Tax (PAT) for the quarter was Rs. 542 million compared to a loss of Rs. 150 million in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Below are the highlights of the results:
· Dish TV added 390 thousand net subscribers during the quarter. Total subscriber base of 13.3 million at the end of the period.
· With effect from April 1, ‘15, Dish TV has started netting-off certain collection fees paid to its trade partners from its topline. This has resulted in the company’s topline getting shrunk by around 4%, with a similar number being decreased from the middle line. The values for the prior comparative periods have also been recast to reflect the same.
· Operating revenues of Rs. 7,367 million recorded a growth of 19.2% over the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
· Post consolidation, Average Revenue per User (ARPU) at Rs. 173 vs. Rs. 172 (like-to-like) in Q4 FY15. ARPU however would have been Rs. 180, as compared to Rs. 179 in Q4 FY15, without the effect of consolidation.
· EBITDA of Rs. 2,368 million higher by a significant 51.3% over the corresponding quarter last fiscal. EBITDA margin at an all-time high of 32.1%.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube