Six nominated for IMPACT Person of the Year 2012
Nominees include Ambika Soni, Man Jit Singh, Punit Goenka, Sanjay Gupta, Vikram Sakhuja and Vineet Jain
Published - 29-November-2012
Every year, the IMPACT Person of the Year award is presented to one person or group of people chosen by their peers in the industry for having made maximum impact and having influenced the industry by contributing significantly in the domain of media, advertising and marketing. The nominees are those that have made a substantial contribution to his/her own business as well as industry bodies and the practices adopted by him/her should have had far-reaching effects in the foreseeable future. This year’s nominees (in alphabetical order of first names) are:
1. Ambika Soni: Ambika Soni, until recently Union Cabinet Minister for Information & Broadcasting, is credited with pushing the agenda for digitisation of television in India, and finally making it official, with definite deadlines.
2. Man Jit Singh: Heading one of India’s largest broadcasting companies – Multi Screen Media (MSM) – CEO Man Jit Singh is the brain behind the revival of Sony Entertainment Television (SET).
3. Punit Goenka: Punit Goenka, Managing Director and CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), has been instrumental in steering the ZEEL empire to new frontiers of success and profitability.
4. Sanjay Gupta: Sanjay Gupta, CEO of Jagran Prakashan Limited (JPL) is whole-time Director and Editor of Dainik Jagran, arguably the world’s largest read daily. He has been expanding the group’s portfolio of profit-making newspapers with great success.
5. Vikram Sakhuja: Vikram Sakhuja, CEO designate of Maxus Worldwide is the first India-based CEO of a global media agency, and his appointment is seen as a landmark development for the media agency business in India. He is known for his tremendous passion and strong value system.
6. Vineet Jain: Vineet Jain is the Managing Director of Bennett, Coleman & Co and is the group’s chief strategist, marketing visionary and editorial architect, credited with rapidly expanding it into new arenas and revamping the group’s stable of daily newspapers into cutting-edge brands.For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube