9.3 mn Indians generated over 40 million likes, posts and comments on Facebook related to the US elections
Between March 23, 2015, and November 1, 2016, 289 million people around the world generated 10 billion likes, posts, comments and shares on Facebook related to the US elections
With America going to polls to elect its 45th President, Facebook released data that details the conversations and interactions that were generated on the platform around the elections. As per the data, between March 23, 2015, and November 1, 2016, 289 million people around the world generated 10 billion likes, posts, comments and shares related to the US elections.
With regard to India in particular, over 9.3 million people on Facebook across the country generated over 40 million likes, posts, comments and shares related to the US elections.
The race for the 2016 Presidential election was a huge point of global conversation even in 2015. From campaign announcements to debate performances, the candidates made headlines throughout the year.
People turned to Facebook to talk about the issues, discover news and information, and engage with the politicians vying for the presidency.
Here are the top 10 moments of the campaign on Facebook:
· The second presidential debate on October 9.
· The release of the Access Hollywood tape.
· The first presidential debate on September 26.
· The third presidential debate on October 19.
· The Democratic Convention.
· FBI Director Comey reopens investigation into Clinton emails.
· The Republican Convention.
· The Vice Presidential Debate on October 4.
· Trump criticises the Khan family after the Democratic Convention.
· Super Tuesday on March 1.
Top Facebook content from each of the presidential campaigns:
Here are some details of the US and the 20 countries outside the US in which the largest number of people have engaged in the conversation about the US elections. India features among the top 10 in the ranking:
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube