VOOT Originals comes up with 12 new short films ‘SHORTCUTS’
Produced by Tipping Point, the thriller dramas will be released on in three installements, starting Feb 8
A tattoo that changes a regular man’s life, a mundane twist of the tap that spirals a boy in his past and a dead husband’s eyes that continues to suffocate a troubled wife. VOOT Originals is set to release ‘SHORTCUTS’, a set of 12 new short films. The first 5 films will go live from February 8, followed by 4 short films on February 15 and 3 short films on February 22.
Produced by Tipping Point (a Viacom18 Studios production), it is an array of intense and off-beat thriller dramas. Spread across multiple genres of drama, adventure and mystery with varied plots set across India, Voot will provide entertainment with raw and edgy content.
The films have an ensemble cast, featuring Barun Sobti, Mona Singh, Akshara Hasan along with directors Debatma Mandal and Vikas Chandra.
Akash Banerji, Head Marketing and Partnerships, Viacom 18 Digital Ventures said, “At VOOT we have been focused on providing high decibel engagement and an immersive content experience to our users. VOOT Original Shortcuts Produced by Tipping Point allows us to leverage synergies and add to the content diversity of VOOT. We are sure that the distinctive narrative and unique storytelling is sure to intrigue audiences and gather significant interest.”
Commenting on the launch, Ajit Andhare, COO, Viacom18 Studios said, “The purpose of Tipping Point is to tell edgy, provocative stories and narratives missed out in the mainstream. These are targeted for personal consumption on a mobile or a tablet. Our maiden production for VOOT in the form of 12 exciting short films seeks to make a big impact amongst digital viewers with this eclectic bunch of stories.”
The opening set of ‘SHORTCUTS’ will showcase Derma, Googly, Joy Ride, Bauma and Chacha and Cheetah’s trip starting February 8, followed by Glitch, Grey, Aun and Teaspoon going live on February 22. Bringing in the womanhood, Voot will showcase Maya, On the Road and Red Velvet on March 8 to celebrate Woman’s Day with its viewers.
• DERMA – The story of a man whose life turns upside down after he gets a tattoo made by a mystical man in the mountains. The intriguing saga is a unique take on the circle of Karma.
• JOYRIDE – A road trip that takes Raunak amid the wilderness on an unusual road trip, ignoring the perils of a menacing folktale as challenged by his friend. What follows is an extraordinary tale of the unforeseen.
• BOUMA (Bengali) – Set in the heart of Kolkata, Bouma is the story of a middle-aged couple in the 1960s, living their mundane lives. A nagging husband is diagnosed with cancer and the wife agrees to donate his organs to his scientist friend after he dies. What she does with her husband’s still-conscious head after death culminates to a climax, which is both funny and dark.
• Chacha and Cheetah’s trip will take the protagonists on an adventure of a lifetime. It is a story of two marijuana enthusiasts who after smoking the mythical and legendary windmill joint take an unusual trip.
• Ishq Ki Googly – A story of a husband who plans to murder the illicit lover of his wife, but things go bizarrely out of plan, thereby compelling him to play this game of love.
• Teaspoon - Series of incidents become ingredients for a Molotov cocktail that leads to a disturbing end.
• Red Velvet – What happens when unusual incidents take place at a household when a ten-year-old boy enters home.
• On the Road – A story with unusual coincidences happening on a night drive of Aravind on the way home.
• AUN A(U)N USUAL DAY - Aun details the problem faced by a photographer against a tribal man who lacks wisdom due to the dearth of human interaction.
• Maya - Maya is the story of a young independent working woman living in Mumbai with her mother, who suffers from incontinence.
• Grey – A unique take on a murder, investigation between an autistic man and an inane cop.
• Glitch – An interesting tale of time traveling.
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube