Video: Sanjay Mehta demystifies FB EdgeRank

The Jt CEO of Social Wavelength explains how brands can reach 75% of their Facebook fans from the otherwise average of 16%

e4m by Saloni Surti
Updated: Sep 26, 2012 8:24 PM
Video: Sanjay Mehta demystifies FB EdgeRank

Facebook EdgeRank Algorithm and Reach Generator has been the topic of dispute from quite some time now. While a lot of people debated over the fact that only 16 per cent of a brand’s fan base receives news feeds on a Facebook page, Sanjay Mehta, Joint CEO, Social Wavelength is of the view that EdgeRank Algorithm was a required measure keeping in mind the increasing use of Facebook.

According to Mehta, when Facebook said that an average brand page reaches only 16 per cent of its fans, it looked like they blocked the updates from reaching the other 84 per cent. However, the reality is that on an average a brand’s updates only make it through to 16 per cent of the audience, and not more.

The EdgeRank Algorithm is the sum total impact of three factors – affinity, weight and time. To overcome the barriers created by EdgeRank Algorithm, Facebook introduced Reach Generator, wherein users can pay a fee and reach out to the remaining fans.

Amidst all the jargon, facts and figures, brands and business are still groping in the dark on how Facebook EdgeRank and Reach Generator function can be exploited.

In an exclusive video, Mehta decodes Facebook EdgeRank and Reach Generator in simple, jargon-less language.

Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)

For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube