Twitter to host ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival’s first-ever digital panel
The panel, named after Twitter India’s recently launched social initiative #PowerOf18 to encourage young Indians to take part in the public conversation, will take place at 5.30pm on Jan 25
Published - 24-January-2019
As the literary world prepares for ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival 2019, the largest convention of writers, thinkers and cultural icons in India, Twitter has announced that it will co-host the Festival’s first-ever digital panel, #PowerOf18, which can be attended exclusively on Twitter.
The panel, named after Twitter India’s recently launched social initiative #PowerOf18 to encourage young Indians to take part in the public conversation, will take place at 5.30pm on 25th January, on National Voters Day. It will bring together young, dynamic Indians who’ve both, chronicled and shaped the zeitgeist, to discuss the transformative power of civic action and the importance of making your voice heard on Twitter, and beyond, Twitter said in a statement.
The panel will feature:
- Ravinder Singh (@_RavinderSingh_) - One of India’s best-loved romance authors, Singh has sold over 3 million copies of his novels and runs Black Ink, a publishing platform for debut authors
- Zuni Chopra (@zuni_chopra ) - At 17, Chopra is a prolific writer, having already published two poetry books, a novel and a collection of short stories
- Snigdha Poonam (@snigdhapoonam ) - The award-winning journalist covers national affairs with a focus on young India. Her first book Dreamers: How Young Indians Are Changing Their World and Yours won the Crossword Book Award in 2018
- Nishtha Satyam (@SatyamNishtha) - Satyam is the youngest Deputy Country Representative for UN Women across 193 countries, and a staunch advocate of mainstreaming women in the marketplace, workplace and community
- Reshma Qureshi (@reshmaqureshi_b)- Qureshi, who survived an acid attack at 17, is an activist, model and vlogger. She is the face of NGO Make Love Not Scars, has walked at New York Fashion Week and co-authored a book about her incredible journey
The discussion will be moderated by Amrita Tripathi (@amritat), author and Head – News Partnerships, Twitter India.
In addition to the #PowerOf18 panel, ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival will also live-stream a selection of sessions featuring some of the world’s best and brightest thought leaders, on Twitter. Audiences can tune into these and the #PowerOf18 panel via @ZEEJLF. (See Appendix for the full list of panels that will be broadcast live on Twitter via @ZEEJLF.)
Simultaneously, Twitter is collaborating with Penguin India (@PenguinIndia) and HarperCollins India (@HarperCollinsIN) to bring authors closer to their fans. These include creative challenges and author-driven Q&As, allowing to capture live content from the authors. Often found at major award shows and talk show green rooms, the Twitter Challenger allows and encourages celebrities to take engage with fans. The photo or video is then sent out through ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival’s Twitter feed, driving conversations amongst fans and followers.
Stay tuned to our Twitter handle during @ZEEJLF to hear from all your favourite authors. They'll be answering questions and doing fun challenges with the Twitter Challenger app. Tweet at us using #KeepReadingWithPenguin, tag them, and join the conversation! #ZeeJLF @TwitterIndia pic.twitter.com/QG4vFfBtpe— Penguin India (@PenguinIndia) January 23, 2019
Commenting on the initiatives, Keya Madhvani Singh (@keyamadhvani), Head- Entertainment Partnerships, Twitter India, said, “Twitter is a frontier of creative experimentation, showcasing what’s happening in India and around the world. Our partnership with the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival has enabled us to serve cultural and literary affectionados with real time updates on their favorite panels over the years. As we move closer to the upcoming election in India, we are thrilled to take this association a step further and reach out to more young people in India, with an objective to encouraging and empowering them to make their voice heard and realizing their #PowerOf18.”
Sanjoy K Roy, MD of Teamwork Arts, Producers of the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival, said, “Twitter has always been an important part of our social media mix for the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival, connecting us to various stakeholders and audiences who love literature. This year we are taking our partnership to the next level. We are happy to announce the first ever digital-only session in the history of the 'biggest literary Festival on Earth.”
Appendix - ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival sessions that will be live streamed on Twitter