Amazon, Flipkart lead e-comm bandwagon; 40% participation from tier 2 cities this festive season: CashKaro study
Exclusive privileges and financial benefits being offered by portals like Flipkart, Amazon.in, Snapdeal and ShopClues backed by additional discounts through strategic partnerships with various banks like HDFC, SBI, ICICI Bank, Standard Chartered, American Express etc. have also played a pivotal role in increasing sales and order value this festive season
As e-commerce unicorns gear up for the upcoming festive season, Amazon and Flipkart are in the lead battling head-to-head to increase market share followed by Snapdeal and Shopclues in terms of gross merchandising value (GMV), according to a study by CashKaro.com. Data reveals that mobiles and electronics constitute to more than 50% of registered transactions; followed by fashion and lifestyle and consumables.
On the festive trends Swati & Rohan Bhargava, Founders, CashKaro.com said, The scale of online shopping in India has grown substantially with the increase in internet ready devices, awareness about e-commerce, better user experience enabled by improved infrastructure in terms of logistics and broadband. All top retailers have unveiled a bevy of offers to entice shoppers to garner a significant portion of their total annual sales during this festive season that will last for most of October. We are expecting a 300 percent increase in GMV of CashKaro from Oct-Dec. Sales are a great incentive to shop and given we offer Cashback over and above all Sale discounts and Bank card offers, shoppers love to start their journey at CashKaro.com. Retailers are also offering increased affiliate commissions on categories like fashion, beauty and consumables as affiliate sites like us form about 20 percent of their business.”
According to the report, the top product categories included:
· Mobiles 35% & Laptops 6% - Deals on Mobile and Laptops always have better traction because of their sheer ticket value.
· Fashion 20% & Health & Beauty 5% - Overall transactions in fashion & lifestyle vertical has grown. Retailers are banking upon this category as it offers higher margins for them.
· Small & Large Appliances 9% - This category has seen among the best discounts this season.
· Gift Cards 8% - This category has gained popularity registering a 5X increase in the number of orders this festive season vs normal days of the year.
· TVs 7% - As confidence in online shopping grows, more and more people are willing to buy large items like TVs online. The deals and discounts in this category have been huge.
· Consumables 6% - Recently introduced Faster Delivery options by various ecommerce sites have greatly enabled growth of this category. Moreover, dedicated days like Amazon’s Super Value Days and Snapdeal’s Daily Needs store have really brought focus and momentum in this category.
· Adding to the festivity this October, CashKaro has also launched its in-house campaign, ‘Cash Wali Diwali’ wherein users who shop via CashKaro on its partner retailers can WIN Amazon.in Gift Vouchers Daily and a 42 inch LED TV. The campaign prizes are sponsored by Amazon.in who has been aggressively ramping up its ecommerce wallet share in India.
The top 5 metros (Delhi /NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata) have continued to dominate along with upcoming metro cities such as Pune, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Chandigarh. This year, Tier II/Tier III cities such as, Bhopal, Pimpri Chinchwad, Ernakulam, Bhubaneswar, those in Telangana region etc. have registered an increased traffic as against last year.
Furthermore, desktop shopping (60%) overtook mobile shopping (40%) thus making it the preferred device to shop from. Unlike last year, equal promotion on both Desktop and App platforms were seen as retailers realised that both mediums have their own merits and cannot be ignored.
Meanwhile, CashKaro is offering Upto 10% Extra Cashback as Rewards on all Amazon.in transactions during the ‘Great Indian Festival Sale’ (1-5 October). Similarly, extra Cashbacks are being offered on all sales placed during Flipkart The Big Billion Days, Snapdeal Unbox Sale and promotions going on at over 1000+ websites.
The Average Order Value through CashKaro platform has been 2X this festive season vs. rest of the year. The reason for this increase was largely due to higher discounts offered by partner sites and increased spending by customers online.
The study witnessed that there has been a 6X increase in number of transactions via CashKaro.com during the festive period as compared to the rest of the year! This is largely due to the wide array of discounts and promotions being offered to bring new shoppers online and drive repeat purchases. CashKaro.com offered up to 30% extra Cashback/Rewards on top of all these sales and discounts hence, our members had a great incentive to shop via us!
Exclusive privileges and financial benefits being offered by portals like Flipkart, Amazon.in, Snapdeal and ShopClues backed by additional discounts through strategic partnerships with various banks like HDFC, SBI, ICICI Bank, Standard Chartered, American Express etc. have also played a pivotal role in increasing sales and order value this festive season.
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube