ICBC kicks off Brand Canada to seek Indian partners and investment
The 10-city roadshow hosted by Indo-Canadian Business Chamber (ICBC) sets out to seek partnerships and investments in areas like clean tech and digital for mutual benefit
Brand Canada, a first of its kind 10-city roadshow hosted by Indo-Canadian Business Chamber (ICBC) in partnership with Air Canada and supported by the Trade Commissioner Service of the High Commission of Canada in India, kicked off in Gurgaon, Haryana, on Monday, seeking Indian partners and investment in areas such as Clean Tech and Digital for mutual benefits.
Speaking at the event which was also partnered by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Andrew Smith, Minister (Commercial), High Commission of Canada in India, said, “Canada is the easiest place to start a business amongst the G20 countries. Our two-way trade has grown over 61% in five years to be at $9.4bn today and is expected to reach $10.5bn this year. Over and above, I estimate that around $45bn have been invested by Canadian investors into India which makes this around a $60-65bn relationship. Canada’s record of technology innovation and leadership can realize innumerable benefits for India and Indian businesses in areas such as CleanTech, Artificial Intelligence, Digital economies and Agri Tech among others.”
Arun Pandeya, Country Head and General Manager, Air Canada, said, “Air Canada is proud to be a major catalyst in growing Indo-Canadian connectivity over the years which has seen both the trade, leisure, student communities and people to people relationship expand exponentially. We look forward to partnering with India and Indian businesses and students to help realize the full potential of this steadfast relationship.”
Also sharing her views was Nadira Hamid, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), ICBC, saying, “ICBC has been at the forefront of strengthening trade ties between India and Canada and with BRAND CANADA we are looking to expand that relationship across the length and breadth of the country. The 10-cities have been carefully chosen for this purpose, keeping in mind their economic potential and the fact that these were outside the purview of the eight trade offices that Canada already has in India.”
There were high-level representations from Canadian provinces as well with Francis Paradis, Consul and Director, Quebec Government Office in Mumbai, leading the Quebec delegation, which is Canada’s largest province by territory.
The Gurgaon leg also saw a plethora of Indian companies represented including the likes of ICICI Bank, Pyramid Ply and Wood Products and Genpact amongst others.
There were representatives from various Canadian companies as well which included the likes of Air Canada, IBI Group and Canadian Wood amongst others.
The sessions for the day were as follows:
- The day began with a session by Smith on Canada- India Business Partnerships and areas for collaboration. His session stressed upon various aspects which included investing in Canada and study in Canada.
- Anuj Bhasin, Education Trade Commissioner enlightened the audience about the study opportunities in Canada
- Anindita Buragohain, Outreach Officer (Migration), High Commission of Canada in India captured various aspects of investor Visa and Start-up visa which included a step by step approach of getting the same without hassle.
- Arun Pandeya, General Manager and Country Head – India, Air Canada introduced the audience to the kind of work Air Canada has been doing and how it is the fastest-growing airline services in Canada with the most vivid connectivity across all provinces of the country.
- The last session of the day was facilitated by Mr Paradis, Consul, and Director, Quebec Government Office in Mumbai, which concentrated on promoting Canada as a destination for students as well as companies.
Brand Canada will now move to the next leg which is to be held in Indore on 20th of January 2020, followed by roadshows across Jaipur, Aurangabad, Pune, Baroda, Bhubaneswar, Ludhiana, and Mysore and finally culminating in the city of Vishakhapatnam.
Read more news about (internet advertising India, internet advertising, advertising India, digital advertising India, media advertising India)For more updates, be socially connected with us on
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube