Kit Kat breaks conventions with #MyBreak campaign
This is amongst the largest Twitter campaigns in India with respect to the results & consumer engagement it generated
Quasar partnered with Twitter for Nestle’s Kit Kat to create a five day campaign- ‘#MyBreak’.
Emphasizing upon the key brand positioning of #MyBreak, KitKat India was taken to Twitter to break the conventional way of content consumption. With a quirky “My Break” spin to all trending content, the brand broke the conventions on how people consume content on Twitter today.
The core idea behind this campaign was Kit Kat promises ‘Whoever you are, however you break, we have a break for you’- Kit Kat has always been everybody’s break partner. And if most of them were on Twitter during their breaks, that’s where the brand wanted to be too, to make their breaks memorable. The agency wanted to give kit Kat fans on Twitter a break of a lifetime, something they had never experienced before. They wanted to give them the Kit Kat way of enjoying twitter content by changing all norms of content consumption.
- Unplanned Events: Promoted Trends have been there forever, but the fact that Quasar used them differently broke the conventional way of using the platform. @KitKatIndia changed the trends every hour to mirror what was being talked about on Twitter and changed the trend to reflect that and create content to give users a unique break that wasn’t possible anywhere else
- Planned Events: The agency identified potential topics that will trend during the campaign and created templates and content around it before the campaign broke. @KitKatIndia not just stayed on top of the mind using promoted tweets, but also created curiosity amongst users and cemented the proposition of taking breaks by cleverly integrating live trends to make the content relevant
- Personalization: Personalizing the content depending on users interaction with @KitKatIndia and what's trending to ensure users have a relevant, contextual, live and enriching break every time they check the platform and give them a never seen before unique experience
Speaking about the campaign Saugata Bagchi- Business Head, Quasar said, “People often come to twitter to take a break and with KitKat's positioning of "taking a break" we knew we had a great story to tell. However, it needed to be done unconventionally to create buzz. Using interesting creative formats that haven't been used before on twitter, we've tried to create a campaign that people will find interesting & relevant and at the same time communicate the brand narrative well.”
Impact and Campaign Results:
Kit Kat India leveraged a powerful but rarely used feature of Promoted Trend - the ability to change the trend during the day. With tweets generating stratospheric engagement rates given the topicality & linkage with what was trending along with the unique creative twists, @KitKatIndia saw results that have rarely been seen on the platform.
- Trend engagement rates: 5X that of regular Trend hashtags
- Overall campaign reach: More than 40 million impressions were delivered
- Trend Impressions: Upwards of 16 million – approximately 15% more than that of promoted trends
- 94k engagement & 17k mentions over the week - nearly 20k engagements per day!
- 33% increase in followers of KITKAT India in 1 week
- 38% video view rate for the best performing tweet with an average view rate of 25%
- Tweet engagement rate >10% for most creatives, highest being 16%
WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube